Can I Run Heated Grips and Cruise Control off the Same Switched Relay?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon Man

Reaction score
I am moderately proficient with electronics. If anyone can tell me whether I can install a relay that runs both the cruise and the heated grips at 12v swithced that would be great. Finishing up my cruise and Hot Grips tonight.

I put the relay in a 10 ga. wire running from a barrier strip up by the gauges that is wired directly to the battery (both positive and ground) to a Centech fuse block under the passenger seat. Run most of the switched accessories (radar detector, cruise control, heated grips, and the outlet for heated vest) through the block with various amp fuses. I put the relay up front and used the left front running light . Next time I'll put it under the seat and use one of the rear running lights.

Don't know why but run the electrics (unswitched) to the tank bag with an in line fuse from the same barrier strip.

I think this is all detailed on WC's FJRTech web site. Ian, Iowa

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again everyone, I really wish I knew how cheap and easy relays were to install a long time ago. Everything is working great!