• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Candy Red side case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlbinc

Reaction score
The latch on my right side case broke. As a result, I'm looking for a replacement. Anyone have an extra right side case they would be willing to part with? Preferably Candy Red to match my '14, but other years would be acceptable, I'll just have to swap covers. Hoping to save a few bucks over new.

Thanks

What is broke? I had to repair the latch on my factory cases.

The latch to open the cover. They were getting really stiff, more than usual and as I was trying to lift up the latch, it broke. I am still looking for a lube of some sort to put on the left side to loosen up the latch. Not sure what to use or where to apply. The handle to remove the bags does not seem to be any different from new, just the lever to open case.

The latch to open the cover. They were getting really stiff, more than usual and as I was trying to lift up the latch, it broke. I am still looking for a lube of some sort to put on the left side to loosen up the latch. Not sure what to use or where to apply. The handle to remove the bags does not seem to be any different from new, just the lever to open case.
It really helps to lean against the bag with your thigh to compress the gasket when opening or closing the bag. You might try some silicone spray lubricant but the friction points are not necessarily accessible.

So I got some Blaster's Advanced Dry Lube from Home Depot to try and loosen up the latch on the left side. Sprayed quick burst on each of the locking bars and at the main bar by the latch a couple bursts and it worked great. The latch is moving quite easily now. My replacement bottom case for the right should arrive tomorrow and I will start on the cover replacement.