Carbon Fibre Fender Extender

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galxy5

galxy5
Reaction score
I am set to install the new lowers,chin,upper right fairing and fender,,

I have installed a Geelong tank protector and have the fender extender,,, I do not want to drill holes in the fender,, as I have read about cracking around these,, and I am not too impressed with the fasteners supplied,,( plastic counter sunk washers) it seems that hard plastic against the fender would cause problems in the future,,,

So,,,,,,, I would like to use the Warchild install,, but am not sure about the abs cement,,,,

any opinions?????

I did the screwless ABS thing (My life had no meaning until Warchild) and I'm pleased with the results. My first attempt failed as the double sided tape which I left on with the idea of holding the FE on while the cement set created enough gap between the two surfaces preventing a proper bond. I removed the tape and used a few document clips with bits of rag to prevent scratches to clamp it together and success was achieved. The cement took a few days to fully cure (effect of the low VOC stuff?). I gave it a good yank a week later and it ain't coming off.

I used an abs epoxy and followed the directions to a T. Scuffed the surfaces and clamped it after it began to set. Been on for over 1500 miles and on N.J. pothole strew roads no less.

Use the BLACK ABS cement and you'll be fine.

I used PLASTIC WELD on mine. Not only has it held up 10K miles, I used a pressure washer (qaurter car wash) on that dude a few times and blasted it hard and directly. It takes a licken and keeps on... uh... ticken.

As always, Warchild's advice is rock solid. Used his technique for mounting the fenda extender and looks great.

When I get the Farkle itch, I read Warchild's list of farkles first!