Cashiers BBQ Ride - Sunday, June 22

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in as well. Will be on the FJR and coming with a friend on a ST1300.Can you post detailed route from Moto 400? We are old and slow and may not be able to keep up.

Sumotony,

There is no such thing as too slow on a group ride. One of the "rules" of a group ride is to wait on the rider behind you to catch up at all intersections so that each member of the group will know which way to turn. I'll be bringing some detailed "turn instructions" so that each group leader will have the detail of the route.
It's talk like this that makes me want to try a group ride for the first time. Count me in.

Looks like I won't be able to make it this week. Have fun guys!

I'm in as well. Will be on the FJR and coming with a friend on a ST1300.Can you post detailed route from Moto 400? We are old and slow and may not be able to keep up.

Sumotony,

There is no such thing as too slow on a group ride. One of the "rules" of a group ride is to wait on the rider behind you to catch up at all intersections so that each member of the group will know which way to turn. I'll be bringing some detailed "turn instructions" so that each group leader will have the detail of the route.
It's talk like this that makes me want to try a group ride for the first time. Count me in.
We'll hang back with you guys. Riding 2 up, we are a little slow too, but don't worry, the others will wait on us at every intersection where we turn. Besides, if you go too fast, you miss the beautiful scenery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found out today that I will be on call tomorrow afternoon. (I'm in the healthcare field) I need to make sure I'm around homebase (Cleveland, Helen, Hiawassee) by 3:00pm. So I'm going to meet you guys @ Moto 400 and ride probably a little past Clayton before I get back to work. I at least want to meet some of you guys and ride a little bit even if I can't make the full ride. Looking forward to meeting you in the morning.

The storms of the early morning hours of Sunday are reported to be rapidly dissipating. We should have a good day free of rain with temps in the 80's.

The ride is on for Sunday, June 22.

I think Kiteman is actually a weatherman. How come he is the only one who turned back for home, and the rest of us rode through hail and temps in the 50's. I froze my tail off once I left yall at the BBQ joint. I hate it you had to work Kiteman, but come on did you have to do a rain dance on us?

Good to meet everybody finally. I really had a great time. Thanks to everyone for some great roads and scenery. Hope to catch yall again next time.

Hail?! Wow. I rode through a fierce thunderstorm after I left you guys going back through Tiger all the way to Helen. I did'nt totally escape. I hate I could'nt go on the the BBQ joint. I really enjoyed meeting you guys and look forward to riding again soon. Hope everybody made it home ok.

Wow, This was a great gathering FJR folks. We had 11 FJR's on our ride with two bikes riding 2 up. Everybody did great on the ride with scenic and twisty sections all along the 122 miles of the ride. Lunch was great with a choice of mild or really HOT sauce for the BBQ. We were really well taken care of at the restaurant and got to hang out a while as a huge thunderstorm with driving rain and hail shared the mountain top with us. Hail near the size of a quarter covered the dining room floor; but fortunately didn't dint the bikes. The ride down the mountain was a bit treacherous with various organics from the tree canopy covering the roadway. I think everybody managed to get downhill in one piece.

We had several riders join in on a group ride for their first time. It's always great to meet a VIRGIN at my age! I hope every rider for whom this was a FIRST group ride will join in and tell us about your experience of it.

I have made a little slideshow of my photos and would like to get more photos from others who took some shots. You can email them to me or MAYBE do a post on photobucket. My login is gasportrider and I have established a guest account as "fjrguest" I don't know if it will work til some brave soul tries it and let's me know.

I hope you guys will join in on the Ironhorse MC Campground and Nolichucky Valley Rally Rides. Call or write if you have any questions about the riding areas or accommodations.

Here's a link to the slideshow:

Cashiers BBQ Ride to Hail