CB Radio Antenna

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvette

Reaction score
Would like to mount a CB antenna on the rear of my 05 somewhere. Seen the license plate brackets, but won't work with Yamaha top box in place. Any photos or suggestions? Plan on using the J&M handlebar mounted radio with intercom system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got this one:

sie-cba-fb24-bnc_tn.jpg

From: Sierra Electronics. . I'll take and post some pics of it mounted this weekend.

Me too. The way I see it--I'm here in New Jersey and I'd like the antenna to be mounted, in, say....Cleveland.... :haha:

I was able to mount my CB antenna by removing the side reflector behind the rear case. Used that hole to mount the antenna hardware and then tilted it slightly back so it doesn't interfere with the top case. Never had a problem and never had to fuss with it. The good part is it didn't take any type of special bracket or anything, just remove the red round reflector and install the antenna. I routed the coax cable underneath the rear, and then inside the side cover.

John

Thanks guys for the pictures and the info. This is a big help. I wasn't sure the J&M mount had a long enough extension to clear the trunk.

Mike

tk-1.jpg

Bracket mounted to the rear luggage rack with U-bolts. To reduce abraision and wear on the rack's plastic, I created some protective collars from sheet tin and rubber mouse mat. I layered them:

bracket

u-bolt

tin

rubber

luggage rack

been working great for tens of thousands of miles.

tk-1.jpg

Bracket mounted to the rear luggage rack with U-bolts. To reduce abraision and wear on the rack's plastic, I created some protective collars from sheet tin and rubber mouse mat. I layered them:

bracket

u-bolt

tin

rubber

luggage rack

been working great for tens of thousands of miles.
Bounce, what brand and model is your travel cover?

Yes Rogue, I would like to see more pictures. Your setup is exactly what I would like. Are you using the J&M JMCB-2003 handlebar mounted CB and intercom? If so how is its performance? If anyone else is using this unit any input about how well it works such as, is it easy to hear at speed, is the intercom clear ect. would be greatly appreciated,

Yes Rogue, I would like to see more pictures. Your setup is exactly what I would like. Are you using the J&M JMCB-2003 handlebar mounted CB and intercom? If so how is its performance? If anyone else is using this unit any input about how well it works such as, is it easy to hear at speed, is the intercom clear ect. would be greatly appreciated,
Yea I've got the 2003

IMG_1239.jpg

Mine has been chrystal clear with no problems.

On long rides I use ear plugs and wear a Schuberth Concept helmet which is loud but can turn the volume up and hear fine.

I have only used the intercom a few times (My wife doesn't ride with me much) but the few times I used it it worked great.

Here are some shots of my antenna mount, I used 1/4-20 carrage bolts to mount it. I think they were 1 inch long.

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

For more misc. pics you can go here: Rogue's Photobucket

Dang Rogue,
Kinda short of electronic gizmo's to look at? :D
Don't worry, the Radar Detector isn't on the bike in that pic. :p

And I'm going to have switches for the lighting and will need to install a voltage meter.

Whew!

For a minute there I thought you might have to resort to watching the road! :D

Where's the TV/w DVD and the mini Fridge?

AntRearViewSmall.jpg

AntSideviewSmall.jpg

The steel support is from part of a garage door opener. The steel link that goes from the traveling trolley to the pivot on the door. Used longer screws under the Givi mount