Ceasar's head near Greenville SC

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGRE

Reaction score
I took a ride today from Pickens SC on Hwy 8 over Caesar's Head (on 276 Ithink), up through Brevard on 64, and through Lake Lure still on 64. The traffic was really light and the twisties were great throughout. We took I-26 to Hwy 11 for the trip back. Hwy 11 is all high speed sweepers that could be taken at well above the posted speed limit, but, since I was with my buddy on his fully customized Suzuki cruizer, I took it slow. He's the one waving me by in the video. Hope you enjoy the video I sure enjoyed making it.

Caesars head video

Ogre,

Great video. Thanks for sharing it. These roads up to US64 are a hoot. 28, 176, and 276 should be on everyone's must list while in the Piedmont region of SC. I just completed a run in July and plan to go back in the fall and early winter. I want to run them in low traffic and after leaf fall so that the sight lines are opened up.

It would be great to see some gps routes for this area with its great mountain rides. This area is only a few hours from Atlanta and will be getting some exploration this fall.

I need some SC FJR helpers who know the area for this job. Converting some hot track logs to gps routes will be a labor of love. Somebodies got to do it! Volunteers anyone?

I've got some great routes logged in my Zumo but no clue how to convert and/or post them. I'll do a little research and see if I can get them posted.

Ogre,
Great video. Thanks for sharing it. These roads up to US64 are a hoot. 28, 176, and 276 should be on everyone's must list while in the Piedmont region of SC. I just completed a run in July and plan to go back in the fall and early winter. I want to run them in low traffic and after leaf fall so that the sight lines are opened up.

It would be great to see some gps routes for this area with its great mountain rides. This area is only a few hours from Atlanta and will be getting some exploration this fall.

I need some SC FJR helpers who know the area for this job. Converting some hot track logs to gps routes will be a labor of love. Somebodies got to do it! Volunteers anyone?

Ogre,Mike,

Whataya tryin to do, turn this area into another Deals Gap? :lol:

Email on the way

Ogre,

Ogre,Mike,

Whataya tryin to do, turn this area into another Deals Gap? :lol:

Email on the way
I'm just trying to get around to see the sites. Your roads have some wonderful sweepers!

All your nearby guys are invited to a TWO gathering for FJR Owners October 10th through 12th. The announcement will be posted soon.

Wonder if some of you local SC guys could hosts something in your neck of the woods the following weekend or so. Leaf fall should probably be OK and not much of a problem on dry roads. I don't have a clue about cage traffic in your area. However, I'd like to ride there both before and after leaf fall.

Is it possible to get an invite and some lodging recommendations? I note there are some state parks in the area and I would be happy to camp.

I'm standing by with bated breath! Ringleaders needed!!