Cee Bailey Reverse Contour Flip Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have one +2 +2, like it. Only other one I have had is the stock shield, so I can't compare it to other makes, but I like it a lot better than the stock.

I am 6'1" and have one +4" high and +3" wide. If I had to do it over again I would have gotten one +4" wide . I am very satisfied with the shield, I can raise it enough to get still air around my helmet .

Mac

Replaced my standard CB +2 +2 with a CB +2 +4 w/ flip. Liked the standard; LOVE the flip. No longer need to raise the shield all the way....ever. I'm 5' 11"

Last edited by a moderator:
Had CeeBailey's +4/+2 FLIP. I'm 6ft.

After it was damaged, I replaced it with a used Yamaha tall screen. (basically same general dimensions)

I liked the "flip" better. Everyone said the straight had less turbulance. They are correct.

BUT,....My OE tall straight vibrates at the top at higher speeds. The CeeBaileys flip was always rock solid.

It also looks good. If you have a helmet that likes to "lift", the flip may be a bad choice. My RF-1000 is ok.

So, pick your poison. Cleaner air with a plastic edge bouncing around right in front of your eyes,

or more gusty air with a nice stable view in front of you.

Personally, my old +4/+2 was chopped by more than 14 inches and is now dream in the summer (except in the pouring rain). That is now my favorite shield. Nice clean air flow.

My stock 2003 shield (shortest OE year) is mounted in Spring and Fall.

The tall OE (like Bailey's +4) is only for winter and long voyages.

+4W +2H w/flip, light tint. Very quiet. If something ever happened to it, I'd replace it immediately with same.

Anyone using one of these? Opinions? I am very tall in the saddle and wonder how the flip works.
Cee Bailey Yamaha FJR1300'06 & UP Reverse Contour Flip Windshield

Link to Windshield
I am 6'4" and just installed mine last Friday and I think it going to be great this time of year with it all the way up it gets real quiet went out for a ride Sat (12o miles) it was low to middle 40's and I felt less tired, mine is the 4+ 4+ flip real easy to change maybe fifteen or twenty minutes.

Bob,

We both have them. My wife's (5'7") is a 2+, 2+ Flip, Mine (6')is a 4+ X 2+ Flip. We both absolutely love them. We feel it is the best windshield we have ever had. Not sure how the passenger would fare, but, since your wife rides too, it should not be a problem.

If I were to do it again, I might go 4+ on the sides. Still a little wind coming through. However, I live in New Mexico and there is ALWAYS wind here. Plus the wind never comes from the front or the rear....always seems to be from the side. :rolleyes:

I initally thought 4+ would be too high. But, now that I am riding in some 30 degree weather, I am happy with it.

Being a worry wart, I sometimes wonder if the brackets will bend or the motor will quit. At 85-90 into a wind of 30 or 40, it takes a beating.

Also, given the blowing dust we have (read sand blast), the windshield seems to be holding up pretty well.

I'm 6'2, and have the 4x4. Love it! Got the idea from my Beemer, it had one on already when I bought it, and loved it.

Let me be the first to say "tolja so" right now in advance. Hopefully your turnaround won't be as long as mine. I think I waited upwards of about 2 months, maybe more.

Like you I set real tall in saddle. I have +4/+2 and would not trade. Soooooooo much better than OEM. Can see over even at top setting with no problem. run with it in low position most of time. Flip took care of the buffeting. Need to raise it some to reduce helmet wind noise though

yep been using one for about a year and a half. Love it i went 2" longer and 1" wider... works great but i should have went 3" longer for my hieght...

DSCF0004-2.jpg

Jdog