Cee Baileys Or Rifle...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocha

Reaction score
In my last ride, I was getting tired, so I slid back and sat on the passenger seat; Surprise, surprise, the wind noise was gone!!! :blink: As my chin was resting on the tank bag, the wind was skipping my head altogether. There was absolute silence (other than the sound of the jet engine between my legs)

I decided that my next upgrade to the bike shall be the larger windshield ;) However.... the obvious question is: which one?

I have been looking at the Cee Bailey +4 and the Rifle for some time now, but I have not seen a comparison of the two, or a combination of the Cee Bailey with the Rifle tunning block... :unsure:

I'm about 6' by 2', Any pointers? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only speak up for the Rifle touring windshield. I use it without the tuning block (which they include anyway) and it is a significant improvment over the stock WS and works very well in general, no real buffet. It fit the factory holes without any problems. I'm about 6' as a reference. The Cee Baileys looks to be excellent quality though.

I have a Cee Bailey +4+2 w/flip and am very happy with it. Just up from the bottom position, I have a nice smooth pocket and am still able to look over the flip. Going up higher the protection is very good with minimal backpressure. The only drawback (if any) is in the summer there is more heat to contend with......I'm 5'9" BTW

--G

I just ordered the Cee Bailey 4+4 "stock" windshield. Hopefully it will get here in a couple weeks. I've been running a GIVI flip since the first week I owned the bike, and it's been pretty nice. I'm just going to see if I can cut the wind noise down, and perhaps keep some of that winter wind off my hands and shoulders. I'm pretty short, so getting the 4 inch taller screen may be a problem. If it is, I guess I might end up selling it to one of you guys, or getting out the cut off wheel. But I don't think it will be a problem. I can always just press that little gray button and lower it.

I'll make a report in a couple weeks based on short guy findings of the 4+4. BTW, I ordered it direct from CEE BAILEY shipped to Indiana for $158.

I have a Cee Baily's +4+3 and really like it compared to the stock screen. One more inch taller and it might have been perfect as I'm 6'5". But I'm happy with it as is. Just a slight scrunch at times and I'm in the pocket. Otherwise just a slight bit of turbulance at the top of my helmet. This is with the screen at full up of course.

Tried the rumble strip. Much to my amusement, I later discovered it assumed I was using a helmet. That would explain the looks I was getting, and the haircut should fix the rest. Anyway, I swapped out my CB +4+4 with the stocker for the summer. The CB is going back on. I had grown accustomed to dead air on demand, turbulent free air at all times, and generally quiet operation. Use of the stocker reminded me why I switched, and why I love my CB so much.

I used a Riffle large custom screen and it takes all the wind noise away, but it looks a bit large and looks more like a barn door. :D

I can notice the difference between using the 03 short windshield and the Riffle windshield, a lot of wind resistant while riding fast. It's great if it is raining or cold but not so great if you are just out for a short ride.

I'm using a Cee Bailey +7 and my own tuning block. Barn door my ass, the QUIET pocket of air is worth every penney!

And when I want air, the tuning block allows it to come all the way down to the fairing. Perfect combo!

So, are you guys trying to say that with the taller screens the buffeting/wind blast from behind doesn't exist as with the raised stock screen? How 'bout your pillion's comments (other than, 'Slow down! You're going too fast!, etc.).

How 'bout your pillion's comments (other than, 'Slow down! You're going too fast!, etc.).
Mine doesn't say that... She says "Do you REALLY expect me to get on the back of a bike with YOU piloting it?" :p

Hey Rogue, at least yours talks to you... ;)

If I get to suggest a ride, mine just laughs me out of the room... :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine doesn't say that... She says "Do you REALLY expect me to get on the back of a bike with YOU piloting it?"
Wow, bummer dude. I get to do a lot more riding since Brenda loves to go as well. I use a CB +4 with flip and a couple of nylon spacers in the frame (like a tuning block). It eliminated the buffeting and gives me a good stream of air when down. In the picture below, the shield is in the position which gives a nice clean pocket while I can still look over it.

IMG_0511.jpg

I have a CB +4+3 standard style. It was a big improvement over the stock windshield. At full up I only get a hint of buffetting on the top of my helmet. Really helps in the summer rains and flat out rocks in the cold weather. I'm 6'2" BTW. Highly recomment CB.

I just installed the Rifle "sport" windshield on my '05 FJR. I first installed it with the tuning block and it looked ridiculous - I didn't even take it for a ride. I will say the tuning block makes sense after looking at the angles of the shield through its full range of travel, but what a goofy appearance. I installed it without the TB and the appearance improved immeasureably. It was a bear to install without the TB because it does not have the same curvature as the stock shield and you have to muscle it into place. It may have been easier with two people. I have not checked it out with a ride yet, but I am betting it will be a significant improvment over stock just from the height difference.

I just ordered a CB +4 +2 this morning. I can't wait until it comes in.

Todd