Center Stand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
18 replies in 1 hr 28 minutes !!!!!!!!! Very Nice.

See the kind of performance you receive when you use an interesting title like "I know this is going to sound stupid......"

seems when I lift the back of the bike with the handle at the rear it sorta flexes. Probably just my imagination.

Not that handle, use the one in left side cover just below your A$$ (left cheek)when you are sitting on the bike.

And DON'T use the break :glare: when you put the bike on the center stand. :unsure: .... I find using the passenger grab handle easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use my centerstand 90% of the time..
You Gen II folks oughtta be using the centerstand whenever you leave it for more than an hour, due to this possibility.

I always center mine up when leaving it unattended for very long at all. It just looks cooler to me....

Seems when I lift the back of the bike with the handle at the rear it sorta flexes.
NOT the luggage rack!!!

The grab handle is hidden under the plastic, just ahead of the left side luggage pod.

It's all in the foot, except for balancing with the handle.

I'll propose a new (X)FO event: Barefoot centerstanding. Somebody else go first....

That frame slider saved the frame though, Toe! Damn, that picture sucked....point taken. I usually use the centerstand but sometimes get a little complacent in parking lots for short stops...might have to rethink that.

Dude- You can put that pig on it's center stand while you're on it!!!!!!!!!!!???????? :eek: :blink:

You don't happen to look like this do you?

images.jpg

If you do, let me be the first to say that was definitely NOT a stupid question....sir :huh:

Unfreakinbelievable . They say some folks just don't get it, then there are those that jump up and down in a free falling elevator. Is this a for real question? wtf... Hmmm..

Dude- You can put that pig on it's center stand while you're on it!!!!!!!!!!!???????? :eek: :blink:
You don't happen to look like this do you?

images.jpg

If you do, let me be the first to say that was definitely NOT a stupid question....sir
Now that's is funny... :lol:

May be a good idea to get to a dealership and have someone show you. Just wander around and casually ask a sales weasel how that center stand thing works. You will be amazed how easy it is....

So I have had 4 bikes in the last 20 years. I have never had a bike with a center stand though. Do most of you use it? Is it better to use than the side stand? And here is the biggie, Is there a easy way to get the bike up on the damn thing? Right now I am on the bike, hand on front brake and foot on stand, I put all my considerable weight on the stand while pulling back on the bars. I use the front brake to stop my self from going too far forward when I don't make it. This usually works after 4-5 tries.

Put the bike in neutral and select the RVS switch on the right handlebar.... Then the start switch is active as reverse.. press the center stand down with your left foot and press the start switch, it will back up right onto the stand... no problemo..

I'll propose a new (X)FO event: Barefoot centerstanding. Somebody else go first....
Done that. Won't do it again...ever. Compensated for the pain in my back which basically left me with a messed up back, cramped foot, and sore ligaments in my lower leg. I highly discourage it.

Ok, I ran down to the garage and tried to get the bike up while sitting on it. I go to see my doctor this friday. :crazy:
Reading this has given me the sudden urge to try that as well. I think I'll resist that urge for the moment...or at least until I see the video from the OP.

Right now I am on the bike, hand on front brake and foot on stand, I put all my considerable weight on the stand while pulling back on the bars. I use the front brake to stop my self from going too far forward when I don't make it. This usually works after 4-5 tries.
:wacko:

Please don't let anyone see you doing that, you might give the rest of us FJRers a bad name.

1) Off the bike, standing on the left

2) Hold the bike upright & push the center stand down (w/your right foot) until both legs contact the ground.

3) Left hand on left bar, right hand in little cut out(handle) in left side cover (just under the seat)

4) Step down with right foot, lift up with right hand, done.

This is it. tstaff nailed it.

For me when I first got the FJR I had the same issue as this was the first bike I owned with a center stand. There are two key points often taken for granted around here, one you know where the handle is, and you know to center the bike on the wheels instead of leaning on the side stand. Heck, I did not find the handle till I took off the plastics. Even after I found it I struggled till I witnessed antoher bike be put on a center stand.

1) Off the bike, standing on the left, with side stand down

2) With left hand grad left hand grip

3) With right hand grab handle just under the edge of the seat. It is in panel were the FJR logo is.

4) With right foot step on center stand just till it touches the ground.

5) With both hands push the bike to a upright position, not leaning to the left. When it is centered you will feel both feet of the center stand touch the ground.

6) Step down with right foot, lift up with right hand, done.

Good lord... this thread is still living? :wacko: I'll bet that now, this guy can really get it up! :derisive:

Congrats! A new searchable subject for me to point a newb to.

I give a prediction... It will be two months before this subject is asked about again.

Good lord... this thread is still living? :wacko: I'll bet that now, this guy can really get it up! :derisive:

I give a prediction... It will be two months before this subject is asked about again.
Heidi,

It's plain to see that we are gonna need a training video to go with the FAQ section.

I nominate you to show the boys how to really get it up. :clapping:

Heidi,

It's plain to see that we are gonna need a training video to go with the FAQ section.

...barefoot.

Honestly Wheaties... even my fat ass has trouble getting it up, sometimes... I'm thinking because I'm a girl. So, are you sure that you wouldn't like the honors of making a vid of how to get it up?

Maybe one of these "Get It Up" jockies would like to do it. How about it guys?

When I get home I will video it. I have tried the side mount but was afraid I would break something. seems when I lift the back of the bike with the handle at the rear it sorta flexes. Probably just my imagination.
sounds like you are grabbing the rear bracket used by the pillion and for tying down crap and not the handel that is in front of the hardbag. for a tall guy i would imagine it is somewhat hidden. but take another look