Center Stand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
images.jpg
that is just grotesque! who is that and what did he do to himself?

notice hes looking down....cant seem to find his penis.

center stand all the way,also when on the side stand,last year at laguna seca the masses had to park in dirt fields,they gave out 4x4 squares with a bike insurance add etched into the top with the bottom anti skid material,after the race i grabbed 5 of them,i now keep one under the side stand cuz hot asphalt will dump you precious bike on its ass.2 secounds of my time vs 1000.00s of dollars.

I use the centerstand almost all the time. I've had a bike tip over on the right side from a flat rear tire, battery acid leaked, not pretty. I work at a machine shop, always finding pieces of steel in my tires. 3 of my last 4 rear tires needed to be replaced prematurely because of punctures.

I can get my Ninja 250 on its centerstand while on the bike but I've never tried to do that with the FJR.

Its all technique. Practice it often and it wont be an issue.

I just guessed when you said most of your other bikes didint have a center stand you have harleys. I bought a wide glide back in 2003. Couldnt believe for all that monsy and hte couldnt bother to put a center stand on it.

I use mine alot. Especially for maintenance in the garage.

Its all technique. Practice it often and it wont be an issue.
I just guessed when you said most of your other bikes didint have a center stand you have harleys. I bought a wide glide back in 2003. Couldnt believe for all that monsy and hte couldnt bother to put a center stand on it.

I use mine alot. Especially for maintenance in the garage.
I never could get any of my bikes on the center stand. solved that problem, took the center stand off the FJR... <G>

Oh , and I have a motorcycle jack for my Harley.... I couldnt' get the center stand up on my Yamaha RD350, let alone my FJR... no way could I get one up on the Harley... not necessary to have one on it.

mary

18 replies in 1 hr 28 minutes !!!!!!!!! Very Nice.
See the kind of performance you receive when you use an interesting title like "I know this is going to sound stupid......"
I try to make everyone happy. It's just my nature I guess.

Dude- You can put that pig on it's center stand while you're on it!!!!!!!!!!!???????? :eek: :blink:
You don't happen to look like this do you?

images.jpg

Nope.

If you do, let me be the first to say that was definitely NOT a stupid question....sir
Now that's is funny... :lol:

May be a good idea to get to a dealership and have someone show you. Just wander around and casually ask a sales weasel how that center stand thing works. You will be amazed how easy it is....
All we have in Vegas are Ride It Now shops and they salespeople would have to get online to look up how to do this as most had never seen a bike till they got hired.

bump
rob, are you going to post a sitting centerstand deployment video?

cadman
Yes when I get home I will make the Vieo and put a link to it on here. Hope fully with in the next few days so this thread will live a bit longer.

that is just grotesque! who is that and what did he do to himself?
Kevin, I am glad to hear you don't find this Man attractive.

I can get my Ninja 250 on its centerstand while on the bike but I've never tried to do that with the FJR.
I have ex wives heavier than a ninja 250

Oh sure, have a demonstration video usnig a gorilla to C-stand up a Ninja250. That's helpful.

While not a bad video, and the intent was good, his "straighten the line" ain't gonna work with a heavy bike and smaller persion. Gonna need a bit more technique than that.

There are several videos on youtube about the same thing. I just picked the clearest version. It seemd to work pretty well. I let my wife watch it and then she went out an put the FJR on its stand, )with a little guidance from me). She does not ride at all. She 5'8 and 115 LBS, so I dont think your argument will hold water. But anyhow check it out, there is one using a GS, and several others with larger bikes. i just went with this one because it seemed very clear.

I used to put my old Goldwings on the center stand so the FJR is a piece of cake. I can put it on the center stand in socks. No problem. All technique. Make sure the bike is in neutral, left hand on the left bar, right foot on the center stand, get both of the stands feet to touch, and just step down on the center stand and up it will go. Disclaimer: Its hard on the bottom of the foot and it doesn't feel all that great.

I agree with Scooter. I could pick up a Ninja 250 and carry it around on my back. A 320 lb bike is a lot easier to handle than a 650 lb bike.

That said, it was still a good demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I was gonna see the "sitting on bike" version. That's gonna be cool!
I say we don't let him off the hook. He said he supply video of him doing it like that.

I think I look stupid trying to get it OFF the center stand while seated.

I think I look stupid trying to get it OFF the center stand while seated.
The secret to that is to first give a good heave rocking back with hands on the grips, then it will pop right down, like you're a pro!
That is what I do of course, but the odd time it takes that 'extra rock'. This usually happens when I'm wearing my Teknic boots (still new) as the restrict ankle movement. My old beat up riding boots no problem.

I must look like I'm hella'pissed at the bike or having a seizure on it LOL!

I put mine on the center stand with it pointed a little uphill and loaded down with traveling gear and my big butt. That was a big mistake. I had almost resorted to getting off and kicking it over to get it off the stand. I was tired when I finally got it down. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I put mine on the center stand with it pointed a little uphill and loaded down with traveling gear and my big butt. That was a big mistake. I had almost resorted to getting off and kicking it over to get it off the stand. I was tired when I finally got it down. :blink:
Ok now that's funny, gravity is a bitch. Not a mistake you'll make twice it sounds like

:clapping:

Ever notice you can put the bike in first gear with the center stand in use? This is so you can lean back to let the rear wheel get traction and push to off the center stand.