Central Florida Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am out.
The thought of a RadioHowie sammich?
Old Michael, My Friend: You truly need to consider others before posting. The visual image conjured up by "...thought of a RadioHowie sammich?" made me hurl my breakfast burrito!!!

... We can eat the weakest person.
Bad idea.

Bust says old bikers taste like ass.
Well OM, after CFR 2010, Bust would certainly know! The Cocksucker!

Just got back home. Good meeting you guys.....even Howie.

After webster we headed towards San Antonio then over to hayman rd and down to ehrens cutoff. I did about 230 miles door to door which is about my limit in this heat.

Ill post up details about the floral city ride for next month.

Until next time......

Just got back home. Good meeting you guys.....even Howie.
After webster we headed towards San Antonio then over to hayman rd and down to ehrens cutoff. I did about 230 miles door to door which is about my limit in this heat.

Ill post up details about the floral city ride for next month.

Until next time......
Same here...it was great to finally meet the Central Florida crew. Thanks for taking the lead Nick and getting me totally lost...but I had a great time doing it. +1 on the Floral city ride next month.

Well that's two gen 2 guys talking about the next ride...did the Gen 1 guys die of a stroke?
Wheatie, I've got a really strong hunch RadioHowie stopped off at the Chinese Massage Parlor in Orlando for a "tug and pull' session before heading back to Winter Haven. jes' sayin'!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Howie and the brit followed me to the end then headed towards that great big ice cream sandwich in the sky called dairy queen.

Enjoyed meeting all of you this morning.

Here is the Gen 1 end to the festivities RH and I said offered our thanks and said goodbye to our tour leader Sargeantnic and as he said headed for the glorious DQ where we sated our needs for AC and cold refreshment. Upon leaving we agreed that the best way back to the green ppastures of Polk County would be to take I-75 to I-4 and then eastward, last light before the on-ramp to I-75 I say to Howie "Whatever speed you are happy with that's fine by me" thinking he'll take the lead, light goes green I leave the light first, see the on-ramp for I-75 South think to myself I don't want to go to Naples so I continue to the next ramp I-75 North. I take this exit and as I glance into my rear-view mirror no Howie to be seen, I pull over and ponder, "Did RH take the WRONG ramp ? I had better wait for him to come to his senses and get to the next exit and turn around" while I am waiting I saunter back along the on-ramp just to make sure his magnificent steed hadn't pulled up lame with some malady, I backtrack a couple of hundred yards but to no avail by now I figure 8 to 10 minutes have passed,"Surely RH would have reached the exit and turned around methinks" I try the only phone # I have for Howie realizing I don't know if that is cell or home leave message and wait a few more minutes. SUDDENLY! a thought flashes into my head "I-4 is south of us, why am I taking the north on-ramp?" I realize at this point that I had erred, I remount travel about 4 miles to the next ramp turn around and head south.

Traffic is heavy and then slows to a crawl as I come upon a red pick-up parked in the trees of the median on I-75. EMT's are loading the driver for transport, he's holding Gatorade bottle so I'm figuring not too badly hurt. I reach the connection with I-4 and successefully navigate to the east bound lanes. (At least I recognize where I am between Tampa and Orlando) As I reach the metroplis that is Lakeland, black smoke appears on the horizon and traffic again grinds to a slow crawl, we pass a Ford Explorer towing a trailer which completely engulfed in flames no Emergency crew on site yet but several citizens have taken control of the traffic patterns and guide us a past the fire.

I arrive home try and call RH again leave message admitting my error.

Got to go it's wife time

Glad you made it home. 20 years in the states you figure an english chap like yourself would know how to read the road signs.

Lol

Looking forward to doing it again.

Really nice to meet some new peeps today. Enjoyed the ride but it was getting pretty hot by the end.

That little restaurant in Webster, Hayseed Cafe, wasn't too bad. Been through there many times and never noticed it. It wasn't much to look at but the food was decent.

My brother and I broke off from the San Antonio bound group and headed south on Hwy 98. We made a stop at Cahill's Yamaha in Zephyrhills and then took Old Dade City Rd. back to his house in Lakeland.

Don't know what the dates will be for the next ride but hope I can meet up and ride with everyone again.

Dave

Still nothing from Howie..

I'll bet the manatee molester is still stuffin' frozen sea cow milk in that mug of his...

Then again, a man of his advanced age may have needed a nap after the six miles he drove after leaving to group... Just like his step bro Beemerdons.

Poor Old fuker.

:jester:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Howie Checkin' In -- just wakin' up from a heat-induced mini-coma!

First, great to meet all of you. Sergeantnic is a hooligan. I approve! :yahoo: I discovered parts of Central Florida today that actually reminded me of Southern Tennessee. I know, hard to imagine, but there were actual altitude changes around Clermont. :dribble: And riding the goat paths through the Green Swamp at 65-85mph was an eye-opener. Blame that Sergeantnic guy again. :)

Riclet, glad to see you made it home okay. Didn't know you limeys had such poor senses of direction! I was waving, flashing my brights, beeping my horn, when you hit the "northbound" on-ramp, but I guess you just didn't see me.

The first 3 hours of the ride were pretty okay, temperature-wise, but about 1pm, it seemed like the temps soared about 30 degrees more and right about the time Riclet and I split off from Sergeantnic at the end of the festivities, I was worrying about my own abilities to handle the heat. It was fukin' BRUTAL! That's why I asked Riclet to plug "Dairy Queen" into his GPS. They've got something called a "MooLatte" that is the perfect blend of ice coffee and milkshake that I hoped would cool me down, not to mention sitting in the air-conditioned environs.

Did the job, too, and kept me fairly refreshed for about an hour's more ride after losing Riclet a mile past the DQ. Had to stop again at a Burger King to cool down again. The second stop was mandatory....I was hitting the "tunnel vision" stage of heat exhaustion. Did I mention it was brutal? FUCK! The "heat index" was 120 when I got home. I don't know how you guys in the Desert Southwest deal with it. I guess I'm just a puss!

Anyway, great to meet up and ride with everyone. 7 FJRs and one Connie 14 in the group -- Frankenbike and Riclet's 05 proudly represented the Gen Is today. All you riders of genetically superior motorcycles would have approved.

'Til next month!!

Riclet, glad to see you made it home okay. Didn't know you limeys had such poor senses of direction! I was waving, flashing my brights, beeping my horn, when you hit the "northbound" on-ramp, but I guess you just didn't see me.

Truly my bad, I could blame it on the heat, but the truth is I had cranial flatulance. Glad you made it home safely.

I know those guys out west have higher temps, but damit we have humidty as well :angry2:

Cheers again

Great ride guys! Next time, I think we do what RH suggests and wait until it warms up abit...

Me, RZ, and DB left; RZ split off fairly soon; DB hung with me until we started coming into Sanford on SR 46. I got home ~2:20. I was gonna stop for some cold refreshements, but decided to just press onward as the clouds were really black (and thunder) in my direction. I got home and it started coming down pretty hard within minutes.

I don't think any of us took much for pics; I only did at the starting point. Here's a couple:

Most of the group with one of the really good looking FJR's in front; from left Ricklet, C14 Jim, Dave (FJRScrewball), Howie, sergeantnic.

CFlRide73110.jpg

Howie saying "Hey!"

CFL2.jpg

Great ride guys! Next time, I think we do what RH suggests and wait until it warms up abit...
Me, RZ, and DB left; RZ split off fairly soon; DB hung with me until we started coming into Sanford on SR 46. I got home ~2:20. I was gonna stop for some cold refreshements, but decided to just press onward as the clouds were really black (and thunder) in my direction. I got home and it started coming down pretty hard within minutes.

I don't think any of us took much for pics; I only did at the starting point. Here's a couple:

Most of the group with one of the really good looking FJR's in front; from left Ricklet, C14 Jim, Dave (FJRScrewball), Howie, sergeantnic.

CFlRide73110.jpg

Howie saying "Hey!"

CFL2.jpg
fljab, I usually disagree with Miss Silver Penguin when she says "This post would be better off without pictures!" But, in the case of that second photograph, Jilly Beans is right on!

Here's a few more pics...

DSC_5389.jpg

A nice Connie

DSC_5390.jpg

The numbers build...

DSC_5393.jpg

Waiting on one more

DSC_5396.jpg

...and here he is. Bout time RZ! :)

DSC_5395.jpg

About as un-farkled as they get. I'm working on it!!! (hey, are those dudes holding hands?)

Boy am I gonna have fun with some of these pictures when I sober up...

twenty years from now...

Aside from the heat an Howie ..I'm guessin' a good time was had?

:jester: