CFR 2018 - WooHoo! Registration is going LIVE November 1st!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK folks, the shit is starting to get serious.

Two weeks from tomorrow..... yeah, you read that correctly..... TWO WEEKS from tomorrow and I'm on my way!!!!!

(Happy Dance for Pants)

I've been fighting a nasty mid level back strain for about 6 weeks now. Yesterday, I finally took a chance and visited a chiropractor for the first time in my life. All I can say is IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!! In 30 minutes, the dude had me feeling better than I've felt in 6 weeks. I'm not 100%, but for the first time in a while, I'm encouraged, rather than discouraged.

So new tires are ordered. Canadian insurance card is on the way via snail mail. Josh and I have been plotting for a while and I must say, it looks pretty darn good. We've got a lot of things on the agenda, and a lot of opportunity to shift gears and let the wind take us.

I just checked the Ramble website and unless I'm mistaken, we've got a solid 80-plus people signed up for this.

I'm getting STOKED!!!!

Oh Boy , Pants is getting all moist now.
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

We are actually just over 90 attending despite some recent cancellations. Watch your inboxes and this thread for a CFR shirt announcement within the next 24 hours!

I did a pre-run in the Kootenays over the past 3 days with some pals, and we stayed at the Lodge last night. The roads are in great shape, the mountain streams are roaring, there's lots of snow-capped peaks for you shutterbugs, etc.!

Getting stoked to see all y'all in about 3 weeks!

All I can say is Grandson #2 had better show a couple days early, three years ago #1 showed up 6/18 and now this one is due 6/22! I hope I don't get there and have to bail. Oh well it's only ten hours away on a bad day. :)

I'm going to Revelstoke for ice cream one day.and probably to Kaslo to see how slippery the wooden bridges are.

Nope (waiving index finger). Nada. No thank you. Not gonna happen. Josh and I are not making any plans for the days we are at CFR.

We'll have a few days after to wander around and see things in B/C. But for the weekend, we are going to find new and old friends, pick somebody to ride with, get in line anywhere except in the lead, and let THEM take wherever they want to.

And it's gonna be great!!!

Oh Boy , Pants is getting all moist now. :) :) :) :)
If you think he sounds excited via typed words, you should hear him over the phone. I am not sure if it is Joey or my 15 yr old daughter. on the other end.

I would guess Joey to be more closely to a full lather at this point. I also would venture to guess I sound exactly the same as my 15 yr old at her first boy band concert.

It’s gonna be epic for sure.

OK - I'll make my request early. Somebody that know where to go please take Josh and I to see that ^^^^^^^^^^^^. Thanks and that is all.
Once in Nakups you will be in mountains all the way to Jasper including Mt. Robson. No worries you will not miss anything provided the skies are blue. You will be in in Mountains all day on the way to Jasper and this is a very unique experience. Generally a mountain road goes over a pass and it is over. Not so here and it is grand. From Nakups to Jasper is a day long ride with multiple mountain passes. It is simply spectacular. For day ride out of Nakups, if it is open ride, up to the Meadows of the Sky Parkway.

Don't worry about seeing everything. Instead enjoy your time here knowing you will return again soon.

OK - I'll make my request early. Somebody that know where to go please take Josh and I to see that ^^^^^^^^^^^^. Thanks and that is all.
Post 178 Pants, I took that picture while headed for Castlegar for one of these meet ups. That Red car in front was running hot and made one fine rabbit, even Hudson didn't cry for a change. :)

Post 178 Pants, I took that picture while headed for Castlegar for one of these meet ups. That Red car in front was running hot and made one fine rabbit, even Hudson didn't cry for a change.
smile.png
+1 Gunny. Like. Ran out likes today, bummer.

T-Shirt ordered. I even bought a new multi-tool for the trip!

New rear tire should be here Monday...I’ve been saving up my paper route money for gas..

AdamK: Teresa's is open in Kaslo - I had lunch there on Tuesday! Didn't sample the pies this time but others in my group did and raved.

It's a step back in time to tie-dyed hippy world every time that you visit Kaslo - not to be missed and especially not to be missed by way of 31A!

Please see my new thread in this Forum re: very time sensitive registration cancellation and Ramble shirt ordering. Please post questions/replies on those topics on that thread. Thanks!

I'm going to Revelstoke for ice cream one day.and probably to Kaslo to see how slippery the wooden bridges are.
Thanks for the reminder about the bridges. Had a couple of tense half-seconds when we were up there last year. Even if it doesn't rain, the slightest bit of moisture from a morning fog makes them scary.

All the fluids have been changed, heated gear wired, and new tires mounted, so my official countdown has begun!!! Have 15 days left till the wife and I launch for this adventure, 9 states and 2 provinces. Can't wait for the riding and to see friends and meet new ones. A big thanks to everyone who has put this thing together.