Check Out What The Man In Brown Brought

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that the dining room table those were sitting on? I like the table cloth .....

Yes, Webers, on the dining room table. DCOM 40s. Just waiting for me to get to it. Got some home improvements, the clutch on the SAAB, and the spieglers, and then I can start on the 320i.

Yes, Webers, on the dining room table. DCOM 40s. Just waiting for me to get to it. Got some home improvements, the clutch on the SAAB, and the spieglers, and then I can start on the 320i.

At least your man in brown showed. My on line tracking found that my R&G's were delivered on the 22nd. here it is the 25th and nothin'. I emailed Atlanta Cycle to see What's up wit dat. My neighbor would look funny with those on his superglide.

MO

These babies are going on my 78 BMW 320i. Brand spankin new!
Just guessing mind you...but I don't think you live in California. I suspect those 40's aren't CARB. You lucky devil!!

The SAAB...Well, I rescued it from a field. '85 900 Turbo. I got it as a project and really learned to appreciate the engineering in it. I didn't understand why they did a lot of thinngs the way they did at first but after owning it I know. These cars were designed to go 300,000 miles. That turbo kicks in and it's like a giant hand grabbing the car and pushing. Handling is great for what it is. A cement truck hit it and should have totaled it but just bent the front frame crossmember. While I had the front end of the car off straightening all of that out I figured I'd change the clutch because the car has 126,000 miles on it and I didn't know how much clutch I had left. As good as it runs (now) and as tight as it is I figure I have at least another 100k before I have to worry about any mechanical problems that I haven't already fixed.

Anyway, they are fun cars to drive and wrench on, at leat mine is. Quirky, yet cool.

At least your man in brown showed. My on line tracking found that my R&G's were delivered on the 22nd. here it is the 25th and nothin'. I emailed Atlanta Cycle to see What's up wit dat. My neighbor would look funny with those on his superglide.MO
Update:

Not Atlanta Cycle's fault. UPS decided not to deliver for whatever reason and they are holding it at the depot. Picking the R&G's up tonight.

mo