Chicagoland Forum Member Gathering - August

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on all the responses I've recieved about availability for an August gathering, it looks like SATURDAY, AUGUST 25 is going to be the best date for most people. Also, if you're not aware, blitzer is planning to ride down to Peoria the weekend before (August 18-19) for the TT races....details on that HERE. That looks like a VERY good time too!
For the 25th, Murph has the best suggestion so far of breakfast in South Barrington at the Apple Villa then a day trip northwest. If anyone's still interested in that plan, I'll try to map out something interesting and somewhere around 300 miles (I'm "GPS challenged", so any suggestions or help with that part would be appreciated). So for now, if you're available, mark your calendar for the 25th (or the 19th.....or BOTH). If you're not available, you have about four weeks to become available!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Sounds cool, hopefully I'll be "available" to ride by then. Just waiting for allstate to get back to my lawyer, thye checked out the bike this week so hopefully they'll let me(my lawyer really) know soon!

Apple Villa is located less than a mile north of the Barrington Road exit off the I-90 tollway.

The address:

Apple Villa Pancake House

3101 N Barrington Rd

Hoffman Estates, IL 60192

(847) 765-2000

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably, won't do the breakfast meet, I'd have to rost my lazy a$$ out of bed to eary to ride that far. I'm goina wait for the route to develope might be able to hook up at a rest/break/lunch stop.

I will also miss the first portion of the day. I'll try to meet you all after lunch depending on how far north you ride and how late in the day the ride lasts. Thank you for shopping and have a nice day.

DAMN! Another month where I can't make it. I tell you what having a wife and child is cutting into my riding time.

Based on all the responses I've recieved about availability for an August gathering, it looks like SATURDAY, AUGUST 25 is going to be the best date for most people. Also, if you're not aware, blitzer is planning to ride down to Peoria the weekend before (August 18-19) for the TT races....details on that HERE. That looks like a VERY good time too!
For the 25th, Murph has the best suggestion so far of breakfast in South Barrington at the Apple Villa then a day trip northwest. If anyone's still interested in that plan, I'll try to map out something interesting and somewhere around 300 miles (I'm "GPS challenged", so any suggestions or help with that part would be appreciated). So for now, if you're available, mark your calendar for the 25th (or the 19th.....or BOTH). If you're not available, you have about four weeks to become available!!

Count me in! Just got my bike back from the shop (maintenance) and ready to put more miles on it. Just one question....do we ride alone or can you lug a passenger along?

Can you drag hard parts with a passenger? If yes, then absolutely bring someone along.

All I know is that at our last outing the pace we rode was very passenger-friendly. I never even saw 140 m.p.h.

I would like you all to meet Larry- my personal interpreter. BTW-how DID you get that nighttime photo of me?

Count me in for the 25th. Thanks for taking the lead again in organizing.

Larry,

Are there any updates on your route planning for the 25th? You seem to have plenty of free time lately. Just remember next time you're a wiseguy on one of my threads, I know where your ATM is. I'll be waiting...MU HOO HA HAAAA!!

Larry,Are there any updates on your route planning for the 25th? You seem to have plenty of free time lately. Just remember next time you're a wiseguy on one of my threads, I know where your ATM is. I'll be waiting...MU HOO HA HAAAA!!
Putting the final touches on our route for the 25th and to be honest, I'm getting pretty excited. We'll be starting out with breakfast in South Barrington and then we'll be exploring about 300 miles of Northwest Illinois' best roads for motorcycling. The question is, can you get the day off , or, if not, how early can you be done and get over to Northwest Illinois to meet us? There will be a few new people there who haven't yet experienced your....ah....uhmm.....UNIQUE ...sense of humor :hyper:

Wonder what breadman looks like dressed <_< Will anyone reconize him? :bigglasses:

I have an idea.....

clown-on-motorcycle.jpg

(I'm going to change banks now)

I suppose I could be done with bread delivery by 9:30 or so. On the road from Muskego by 10 or 10:30. That would put me near Rockford around 11:15. Would need a rendezvous point and time to know if that time is conducive to meeting up.

Larry,Are there any updates on your route planning for the 25th? You seem to have plenty of free time lately. Just remember next time you're a wiseguy on one of my threads, I know where your ATM is. I'll be waiting...MU HOO HA HAAAA!!
Putting the final touches on our route for the 25th and to be honest, I'm getting pretty excited. We'll be starting out with breakfast in South Barrington and then we'll be exploring about 300 miles of Northwest Illinois' best roads for motorcycling. The question is, can you get the day off , or, if not, how early can you be done and get over to Northwest Illinois to meet us? There will be a few new people there who haven't yet experienced your....ah....uhmm.....UNIQUE ...sense of humor :hyper:
I'm just getting in on this late but thought I would offer a few suggestions for a stop. Last Friday, a few of us from work rode up to Savanna, Illinois which is just south of Galena. There's a great place to stop for lunch, called "Poopy's Pub". Y'all may already know about it but I just found out about it last week. Great place and great food! Also, there is a bar/motorcycle museum downtown Savanna that's worth stopping at.

Anyhow, just thought I would chime in and I'll watch and see if I can make it on the 25th somewhere along the way. The Peoria TT Races on the 18th was mentioned earlier as well. If anyone goes to the Riverfront, I'll be working the BASH (Bikers Against Street Hunger) tent handing out fliers sometime Saturday afternoon, probably mid to late afternoon. If you see a bald guy (I'm sure I'll be the only one) or I may have my Yammie hat on, stop and say howdy!

Smoke

OK. We have a plan for the Saturday, August 25th eat & ride and it goes something like this.....

Breakfast at 8 AM at the Apple Villa Pancake House. Apple Villa is located less than a mile north of the Barrington Road exit off the I-90 tollway.

The address:

Apple Villa Pancake House

3101 N Barrington Rd

Hoffman Estates, IL 60192

(847) 765-2000

We should be ready to ride by 9 AM. From there, we'll head west on I-90 towards Rockford and then jump on Hwy 20 towards Galena. At around Woodbine, we'll take a little detour onto some pretty sweet roads and will end up back on Hwy 20 and head to Galena for a fuel stop. From there, we'll head south towards Hanover, then continue south through Savanna (possibly stop there for a snack and/ or a look at the motorcycle museum) and onto Fulton. From there we'll head east towards Dixon, then north, back towards Rockford, making another fuel stop in Oregon. At Rockford, we'll get back on I-90 and head home. Total round trip distance from the Apple Villa is about 335 miles.

For those who are interested, VFR Rider can provide a gps map in either .gpx or Garmin .gdb formats. PM him to request a copy. If you're planning to attend, please post up sooner than later and let us know where and when we'll see you. I'll see if the Apple Villa will seat us all together.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

If you're planning to attend, please post up sooner than later and let us know where and when we'll see you. I'll see if the Apple Villa will seat us all together.
I'll plan to be at Apple Villa at 8 after a brisk romp around Chicago on 294 from Indiana.

Latest posts