CHP fires on Motorcyclist

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you are too sore aboot the leafs not making it....but, hey.....the wild didn't make it so you can't feel too bad.

This is quite the thread. I check back after a day and we've gone from cop-bashing to mairjuana plants to the Stanley Cup. :blink: This must be some sort of record for hijacks.

Hope you are too sore aboot the leafs not making it....but, hey.....the wild didn't make it so you can't feel too bad.
Way past worrying about the Toronto Maple Losers.....they haven't won a cup since 1967.... :blink:

IF the biker was aiming at the officer, he deserved it. However, with the backdrop of an 8-lane divided highway?????? That will be one for the investigating team to decide after they question the witness, examine the scene, etc.

Since they got one of the "ricky-racers", I hope they get the other perpetrator, as well. Bubba could then have a menage-a-trois . :D :eek: :rolleyes:

Hum, let me see, cyclists is being waved to pull over and cyclists accelerates at officer standing on the shoulder of the road waving him over and officer opens fire on cyclists accelerating toward him. Duh, officer has to make a split second decession which he has been trained to do and if your using your motorcycle as a weapon accelerating at the officer by all means, open fire on the dummy! What kind of dim whit knuckle head would use a cycle as a battering ram on a cop? He's lucky the officer was a bad shot or did he just fire a warning shot? Either way the biker was lucky he's alive. PM. <>< :lol:
Has anyone ever heard the bit Ron White does about what bad shots the cops are? It's pretty funny. The two squids are just luck they weren't trying to race past a couple of kids that grew up at the video arcade and happened to have Glocks in their pockets. :lol:

And, just for the record, I'm pro-LEO. I just appreciate a good laugh as well.

Cheers,

Jim

They got the guy today. Not only was the bike stolen, but he had the pot, too.
Not only a stolen bike, but weed and a gun as well? He's a terrorist!
At least my bike's paid for, er, well, in my name, anyway.
Yea, this is way over-reacting by forum members here.

I mean, who among us hasn't had 39 marijuana plants and a couple of stolen bikes in our garage at one time or another. :ph34r:

Lighten up. sheeze.

:D

Or $90000 in their freezer!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've long been of the opinion that anybody worth chasing is worth chasing with bullets. Think about all the innocent victims of high-speed pursuit crashes. Were the people the cops were chasing guilty (not just suspected) of a capital crime? Is it worth killing a family of people to chase down a car thief?
I think if you decide to run from the cops, you should be willing to dodge their bullets. It sounded like these guys were looking for trouble in the first place, with no plates and charging the officer.
Right on! It should be that way but it is not! It should be at least a fellony to run from the LEO's, here in Alabama it is only a ticket. I was run over by a motorcycle who took off with me in front of him after he stopped. We never caught him and I only had bruises! I did get 1 of the two taser leads in him the other hit the windshield!

Saying shooting him over a ticket is very shallow! If anyone has a gun and someone is trying to run over you, hit you, or otherwise physically harm you, you would protect yourself! Too many inocent people are lossing their lives and being injured!

The courts need to quit letting these people off and start giving them real time when they run from the LEO's. After all are the people who run for the most part the pillar of society or the kind that are endangering us all. I have never fired my firearms in the line of duty or otherwise at anyone and hope I never do. I was too scared of going to jail to shoot the rider who ran me over. The motorcycle was stolen and was recovered as he did crash it. He was nowhere to be found.

All the LEO's can do is catch them. They are out before the paperwork is done and when and if they go to court they walk out the same way they came in all too often.

I am not buying the new GT because I like to go slow all the time! I do not write people who are licensed and insured tickets for a few miles an hour over the limit. Being responsible, aware of what and who is around, use of protective gear, and attitude all are things that are considered with every LEO on every stop!

Stupid = ticket! Running at one time = a lot more than a ticket but now all across the country there is little or no physical force used for anything! The fear of consequence of being caught is not there because the consequense is not there with the LEO's or the courts. The criminals have more rights than the police and the citizens.

I could go on and on but will end my rant as I have not even posted on this site enough for everyone to know me!

Be safe and enjoy the ride!

Hum, let me see, cyclists is being waved to pull over and cyclists accelerates at officer standing on the shoulder of the road waving him over and officer opens fire on cyclists accelerating toward him. Duh, officer has to make a split second decession which he has been trained to do and if your using your motorcycle as a weapon accelerating at the officer by all means, open fire on the dummy! What kind of dim whit knuckle head would use a cycle as a battering ram on a cop? He's lucky the officer was a bad shot or did he just fire a warning shot? Either way the biker was lucky he's alive. PM. <>< :lol:
Has anyone ever heard the bit Ron White does about what bad shots the cops are? It's pretty funny. The two squids are just luck they weren't trying to race past a couple of kids that grew up at the video arcade and happened to have Glocks in their pockets. :lol:

And, just for the record, I'm pro-LEO. I just appreciate a good laugh as well.

Cheers,

Jim
Just a little note on officers being bad shots. Many are not the best! Many are very good! Many civilians are good also. Very few are good at sitting in the car thinking about whats for dinner or whatever and then shooting and hitting something the next second. Another intresting little note. It is well documented that the " Oh S*** " or similar saying almost always happens before the first shot is fired! Someone who has not been there and done this can not even imagine what is going through a LEO's mind during this. It is unfortunatly too much of what about the rest of my life and of the families life due to perception of the event. This is why so many officers are killed in the line of duty as the bad guy who decides to kill us is thinking only about killing us. If society continues to judge us as they do then it will get worse and there will continue to be fewer good cops out there to protect you and yours when the bad guy who got away comes to you! He will know what he will do and be very focused you will be happy go lucky until it happens and then maybe if your lucky you will continue to at least just be something other than dead!

The punk(s) were speeding...and not a few MPH over the limit. Then, they intentionally ran from the cops, even though they were in the wrong. The way I see it, those speeding clowns were putting me and everyone else on the highway in danger. I couldn't care less if they wrap themselves around a pole and die screaming, but when they do it (speed, reckless driving, etc) on a public highway, they are consciously endangering others. I still think the cop should have double-tapped the a$$hole if he had a clean shot. I don't have the time or the patience to deal with recalcitrant jerk-offs. Good thing I'm not a cop...for their sake. :assassin: