Cigarette Smuggling?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charismaticmegafauna

Reaction score
Hey, all'y'all in Illinois -- I was recently on a trip in that part of the country and crossed into Illinois (I think it was IL -- there was a toll bridge...?; it was in the southern part of the state and I tend to get IL, IN, MO, & KY all mixed-up...).

Anyway, there was a legal-looking state sign warning of "Cigarette Smuggling".

Is that a big deal in Illinois?

What's going on... :unsure:

It's a way of life here. People from all of the surrounding states cross the borders into NH to score butts and booze, as the Live Free or Die state has among the lowest prices (due to low taxes) in the country. So, what's the big deal?

Is Illinois going after the personal use smugglers or just the truckload street vendor guys?

I predict that tobacco will become the new pot. :rolleyes: They ain't gettin rich off of me, I roll my own and pay $1.10 per pack. :blum:

Anyway, there was a legal-looking state sign warning of "Cigarette Smuggling". Is that a big deal in Illinois?

What's going on...
Anything that can possibly slow the money train for the Illinois governor and his pals is a target. Hey, four out of our last five governors have either been indicted or jailed. Corruption is a time-honored tradition here. Smoking is encouraged in Illinois as long as you're paying our politicians for the privilege.