Clutch pushrod ball?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boyitgobob

Reaction score
Ive got a problem with my clutch completely engaging at full lever pull. I changed out my 06 clutch slave cylinder for an earlier model, hoping for easier lever pull, and believe the ball on the pushrod fell out during the swap.

After replacing and bleeding the slave, the clutch lever would start to disengage about 1/4 from the grip. Ive rebled the hydraulics and eventually reinstalled the original 06 slave and bled that one properly, with similar results. That slave always released right at end of lever movement, now it releases about 3/8 away from the grip.

I have to assume the pushrod ball fell out of position at the initial slave swap. Im somewhat familiar with Yamaha clutches but Im not certain about accessing, finding, and replacing the ball. I assume its sitting just behind the top hat shaped pushrod part. Can I just remove the pressure plate and pull that pushrod part out? Should I pray that the ball is sitting there?

The part Im referring to is number 26, rod, push 1 on the schematic below

https://www.partshark.com/oemparts/a/yam/50045b46f8700209bc794059/clutch

Thanks, Bob