Concours 14 VS FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmonroe Wrote:

They are great well rounded bikes that do a great job of everything - comfort, handling, etc and in the case of the ZX-14 - its the most powerful production bike on the planet that responds to bolt-on mods like there is no tomorrow.
You would have to ride one to understand... :)
I have ridden one - of each. Actually 2 Busa's. Nice bikes. Don't get me wrong, I like excess power. I own a FJR! There is a point when it is just TOO much or unusable. Niether of these 2 bikes offered the low end (2,000 - 5,000) power of the FJR, especially the 14. Now when revved, they went like missles, but how often can you rev past 6k and keep your license or not contribute daily to some shiek's toy fund? 6,500rpm is 83mph in 3rd and 95 in 4th! Even a squid on drugs dosen't visit there regularly. On the ZX You can't even use that power at the track. Hell, it is widely accepted that non-pros go faster on 600's than 1,000's on track day - why? Pros only go 2 seconds faster on a 2 minute course! On the street there in nowhere I can't go just as quickly in a Vstrom as a Busa, and many places the Vstrom would outpace it. The domain of the power monsters is, when you're honest about it, to be first in bragging rights, serious 1/4 mile riding or "over the top" street riding. While the first 2 are fun and don't cause any problem, aggressive street riding can cause legislative issues for all of us.

As the proud owner of an 05 FJR and an 06 ZX-14 I must say IMHO the ZX has an incredible powerplant, handles great and I think has very good ergos. I'll have to see a ZG-14 person but I'm thinking there will be an 05 FJR for sale this summer. I just hope it eats less fuel than the ZX (34-36 MPG). Give it a ride before you decide, I think it's going to kick some butt!

Nuthin' like a high revving motor to make one feel like they gotta use it! I think it will be faster than heat! :dribble:

Duh - Da Dum = the sound of the landshark outside of Gilda Radner's door in the Original series of SNL, just before she opens the door and is gobbled by the thing. :blink: