Confederate Motorcycles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hellcat_home.png

The passenger accommodations look pretty poor.

- We will reserve your Hellcat with a 5% prepayment of $2,250.00 USD processed via credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. (If you prefer to wire prepayment, please contact us via "][email protected])
I take that to imply that this ??????? is going to set you back $45,000 USD.

They had a feature on them on some show on Discovery Channel a while back. The company owner claimed it had a top speed of 185 mph and handled "better than a sportbike" or something like that. While the design is incredible, I didn't have too much respect for the builders after the BS I heard. I don't care how much HP you have in that thing--you're not going to get 185mph out of it...

Interesting.... Not my cup of tea though. I foresee a millionaire's "couple times a year" bike here.

That seat looks damned uncomfortable...

They had a feature on them on some show on Discovery Channel a while back. The company owner claimed it had a top speed of 185 mph and handled "better than a sportbike" or something like that. While the design is incredible, I didn't have too much respect for the builders after the BS I heard. I don't care how much HP you have in that thing--you're not going to get 185mph out of it...
Agreed -- very little (or no) concept of an un-faired bike at high speed... :huh: :(

I'm still trying to determine where the mirrors, signal lights and support wiring will be located, just to make it street legal???

:D

I'm with Niehart, easy to service!

Really trick engineering though. It would be fun to start with a clean sheet and design something like this if I were an engineer.

really? a pushrod V-twin is trick engineering?

In Wisconsin, maybe...
I was expecting to hear from someone on that! I should have been more clear. I was referring to the overall package. It seems most of these custom builders like the fitment of the S&S type air cooled V-Twins. I guess i'm a glass 1/2 full kind of guy and can appreciate the bike for what it is.

really? a pushrod V-twin is trick engineering?

In Wisconsin, maybe...
I was expecting to hear from someone on that! I should have been more clear. I was referring to the overall package. It seems most of these custom builders like the fitment of the S&S type air cooled V-Twins. I guess i'm a glass 1/2 full kind of guy and can appreciate the bike for what it is.
I s'pose... but it wasn't all that long ago that folks were singing 'boutr the advanced enjuneiring featurs of the OCC choppahs

Last edited by a moderator: