• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Corbin Seat for Gen II -SOLD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Toro

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
Corbin Front Seat for Gen II FJR. Located near Cookeville, Tennessee. $179 plus shipping. May be able to coordinate free delivery to Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga, or as far west as Jackson, TN. Shipping weight would be less than 10 pounds. My preferred shipping method would be Fed Ex Home Delivery or Fed Ex Ground. My preferred method of payment would be paypal.

Pictures available on request.

The seat supposedly came off a 2007 FJR. I bought it on ebay last week and it arrived today. The seller indicated that it had been used 10,000 miles. My impression is that this is believable. The leather is not torn or worn through, but there are some clear signs of normal use.

So why am I selling it so quickly?

I had a Russell seat on order with a build date of 5/2 for my BMW K1600GTL.

I have changed my mind about having the Russell built for the BMW. Before I bought the FJR, I obtained an extra set of stock seats with the intention of having Russell build a seat for the FJR. I am going to go this route and I made the change with Russell earlier this week.

FWIW, I am not making money by flipping the seat at this price. In fact, this price is slightly below my winning bid.

My impression based on a short ride with the Corbin this afternoon is as follows:

First, it produces a slightly tighter knee bend than the stock seat in the low position.

Second, the Corbin seat height is not adjustable and it seems to be lower than that of the stock seat in the low position. It makes the bike easier to flatfoot.

Third, it appears to offer good butt support.

To install the Corbin you have to remove the plastic frame that is used to adjust the height for the stock seat. Once you've removed the plastic frame, the Corbin installs just like the stock seat.

I think the Corbin would be a good choice for someone who would like to have better butt support and a slightly lower seat compared to stock. Also the Corbin seating system allows you to add the Corbin backrest if you want. I do not have the backrest for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
AHA!! So you are the one that won that one!! I was just about to pull the trigger on the "buy it now" and then the bids started flying....Ya snooze ya lose.

AHA!! So you are the one that won that one!! I was just about to pull the trigger on the "buy it now" and then the bids started flying....Ya snooze ya lose.
I was surprised that you didn't snipe in with a larger bid in the last seconds. Since I knew that someone else was interested in BIN, I came in at the end with a more generous bid than the BIN price had been, but the second high bidder had only offered the BIN price, so I got it for a few bucks more, instead of the nearly $30 more that I thought it might take to "win" it.

In any event, I think its sold, and if we get through the present transaction, the seat will be gone again.

But if it is still available, I'll PM you to see if you're still interested. Certainly the $179 price is a good price on a Corbin seat, so I hope someone can enjoy it.

Meanwhile, I'll keep running stock until my Russell is build in early May. I am one of those guys for whom the Russell heavy duty springing is recommended.

Glen

I second the notion that the Corbin lowers you further down than the stock seat, and it's more comfortable!

Thanks Glen. PM me like you said if it doesnt sell. I will talk to the CFO....lol. I just bought a bunch of other stuff for the "Greyhound" so I am not sure if I can talk her into it. But I appreciate you giving me a shot. You got a smokin deal and it is big of you to pass it on!! :)