Covered Bridges of New Hampshire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I ride throught a covered bridge EVERY DAY!!
Ya, sure. But you don't get to ride 100 miles in 35 degree weather with six other FJRs to go through *one* bridge :lol: Then all the other bridges, making a ~280 mile day for us short trippers, unlike Dave & Ann.

Last edited by a moderator:
My trip stats for Sunday were:

Length: 222 mi.,

Area: 268 sq mi.

Elapsed Time 8:18:21

Get this:

Avg Speed 27mph!!!

And for true information overload, here is our elevation log:

2801042540098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

See, Ionbeam, you DO need a GPS!! :lol:

Get this:Avg Speed 27mph!!!
At 27 MPH and 35 degrees the wind chill is about 22 degrees! A hardy group for sure, whish I was there.

We were going a lot faster than 27 mph. But we sat in the Cafe for a while, and the Pizza shop, and at Bridge #6, and the Trebuchet.... That 27 was just the average speed over the whole day. ;)

Well, I know the temp had to be around 15 in Cummington on Rt. 9 at about 8:00 - then add that I was going about 70.

Still hurts just thinking about it. Actually, for the first time for me, I actually did slow down a little because of the cold. Thank god I always have my rain gear!

At 27 MPH and 35 degrees the wind chill is about 22 degrees! A hardy group for sure, whish I was there.

We were going a lot faster than 27 mph. But we sat in the Cafe for a while, and the Pizza shop, and at Bridge #6, and the Trebuchet.... That 27 was just the average speed over the whole day. ;)
I wonder what the wind chill is at 90+ with a tempurature of 39 degrees. ANY ANSWERS?

GREAT PICs!!! I'm so bummed I couldn't make this one - but hope to see you guy, and gals, in the Adirondacks, or Vermont agian this next summer. I'm going to try to make a run through the Finger Lakes this Saturday if I can get my new tire on this Friday.

I wonder what the wind chill is at 90+ with a tempurature of 39 degrees. ANY ANSWERS?

Looks like about 12 degrees.

GREAT PICs!!! I'm so bummed I couldn't make this one - but hope to see you guy, and gals, in the Adirondacks, or Vermont agian this next summer.
We will definitely have to plan more rides next year. I know that I would like to do something in big in Upstate NY, and I really enjoyed our Vermont ride, though I know we only scratched the surface. And hey... It's not all that far to Maine and I know there is a lot of great places to go over there too.

We'll just have to get a "Maine Lobster Run" together. I know Ionbeam and Charlie Hoss will go.
Tom
That sounds great. But none of this "York Harbor" stuff. That's too darn close!! Need to make the summer run further up the coast.

I love Down East Maine. We used to vacation on Mt Desert Island every year. A great place to spend some time.

We'll just have to get a "Maine Lobster Run" together. I know Ionbeam and Charlie Hoss will go.
Tom
That sounds great. But none of this "York Harbor" stuff. That's too darn close!! Need to make the summer run further up the coast.

I love Down East Maine. We used to vacation on Mt Desert Island every year. A great place to spend some time.
Let me know what weekend you are heading for Acadia and I'm on board!!! We also used to go to Bar Harbor every year just before Memorial day and just after Labor Day when the crowds and costs plummet.

Tom

OK Fred....we'll have to talk it over some time. PM me your phone number and a date/time I can call you. Weekends are best. Maybe a MT washington ride and then dinner in Maine??

Tom

Tom

OK Fred....we'll have to talk it over some time. PM me your phone number and a date/time I can call you. Weekends are best. Maybe a MT washington ride and then dinner in Maine??

Tom
Hey, this is starting to sound like a fun weekend.

Maybe we should start a new planning thread for this ride...

Let me ask you this, Shawn: Had I not stated that our ride invite was for FJR's only, would you have come up to New Hampshire yesterday?
Yes, I would have. My wife is from Texas and loves/is fascinated by covered bridges. I've never ridden in the area and riding with people who know where "the good stuff is" is something I like doing. But the "FJR Only" restriction meant that I *couldn't* bring my wife with me as she rides a BMW F800ST and has no intention of riding on the back of my bike. :)

Shawn, Tomorrow morning, go outside and look up at the sky. If it isn't cloudy, you will see a big yellow orb shining brightly and providing light. It is the sun and it is what the world revolves around. I know you will find it disappointing that the world does not revolve around you, but try to learn to live with it. Dan
LOL Thanks. That was helpful!

You're a nice guy no matter what everyone else says about you...