• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cox Radiator graurd for Gen 2 2006+

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barabus

Reaction score
I posted this email regarding a Cox radiator guard for a Gen II 2006+ FJR.

Do you have any plans for making a radiator guard for the Yamaha FJR 2006+ model years? Recently we had our Western FJR gathering and the guys who were running Cox guards for generation 1 bikes (2005 and previous) had positive things to say. Please let me know. Thanks.
He replied as such:

Hello Barry,
So far no, however if you can round 20 orders, we”ll get yer done. Plus well ship the 1st 20 with no shipping (US domestic only), 11.00 discount on the Intl orders. Fair enough? Let me know if that’s of interest and I’ll add the part numbers so the troupes can place they’re orders.

Andrew Cox
800-321-9771
If we can get twenty people to commit on thread then I will send it to him. Cost has been set at $69.95.

One: Barabus

Two: Airboss

Three: Inlaw1

Four: Daily Commuter

Five: Rockmurf

Six:

Seven:

Eight:

Nine:

Ten:

Maybe: John T and Silent. Keep this format going. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I read when the GenII's came out that they had a rad guard stock, did I imagine that?
They do, genuine plastic.

I would be interested if the cox guard overlayed the standard guard to create a crush space.

I thought I read when the GenII's came out that they had a rad guard stock, did I imagine that?
They have one.

I have not seen a Cox up close and it may offer better protection than OEM. But what came on Gen 2 Is way better than the none on Gen 1

They do, genuine plastic.

I would be interested if the cox guard overlayed the standard guard to create a crush space.
It plastic with about 1/2" spacing, just like Airboss said. I too am interested in the overlay for a crush space and to start a bug collection. LOL. It would help, if you are interested to type: TWO your name, THREE another name, FOUR ect. As to cost, I have confirmed a price of $69.95 for the Gen2 FJR.

OK, before the numbers get to high

2. Karl and the vampire slayer.

Put Inlaw1 on the list, as long as the installation isn't going to be too complicated and involve things like removing the existing radiator guard.

Speaking of the existing one, it is there. But it's not much of a guard. Better than nothing, but not by much. It's spaced way to far apart to stop bugs from clogging and many size rocks from puncturing.

IMHO looks like the Cox RG is going to block a lot of extra air flow, especially on the Gen II FJRs since some air is already blocked by the OEM guard.

Has anyone actually tried using any kind of additional RG on the Gen II bikes in warm/hot weather?

For that matter, have any of the Gen II owners found the OEM RG (plastic) to be insufficient? I clocked up 42,000 km on the '06 FJR and never had ANY problems with radiator damage - YMMV.

Yeah but the gen I rg's are damn cool looking. If they look that cool I must need one too!...right?

Count me in I'll buy one. Chris S. My SV's radiator had tons of dings and shit in it after only 15,000 mi.

guess I tailgate a little too much....... Damn dump trucks :rolleyes:

Looks like a filter for my overhead range exhaust unit in the kitchen...

Email from Andew Cox and I-

As to price, we are assuming that they will be about the same price as
the Gen 1 model? Please confirm this point for me. Thank you

Barry
Response-

good point,
the new ones are 69.95.
after 5 years I finaly had raise them from 64.95.

Thank you!
Andrew Cox
800-321-9771

I would like to get a few more from this forum before I cross post it on the other FJR forums. I am set on doing this since I saw two bird stikes to the radiator during WFO! Luckily, it wasn't my bike.

I would like to get a few more from this forum before I cross post it on the other FJR forums. I am set on doing this since I saw two bird stikes to the radiator during WFO! Luckily, it wasn't my bike.
I did that at SFO.

Feathers came flying through the tripple tree

Andrew Cox called last week and, despite the fact that we do not have enough buyers, he seemed willing to develop and sell a guard. Sportbike Effects will be in charge of this from what I understand. Do not have a date or additional information, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.