Cruise hitting the throttle cable

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrb0

Reaction score
Got about everything hook up, but one question related to throttle operation.

I have the servo cable hooked to the throttle, but the nut on the tang hits the throttle cable when opened all the way up. No sticking on the throttle, but don't like the nut hitting the cable. It only happens in the last 1/8 or so of throttle opening...Anybody else experience this and possible solutions?

Is the nut hitting or is the head of the screw hitting?
Are you using a button head screw?

Try a Google search with "radman cruise button site:fjrforum.com"
I've tried it both ways. With the bolt coming in from the left, and with the bolt coming in from the right. Both ways, either the nut hits or the bolt head hits. I WAS contemplating bending the tab, SO happy you sent me this link! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am heading out later for a hardware store for other project needs and will pick up the small button heads. Thanks again!

Is the nut hitting or is the head of the screw hitting?
Are you using a button head screw?

Try a Google search with "radman cruise button site:fjrforum.com"
I've tried it both ways. With the bolt coming in from the left, and with the bolt coming in from the right. Both ways, either the nut hits or the bolt head hits. I WAS contemplating bending the tab, SO happy you sent me this link! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am heading out later for a hardware store for other project needs and will pick up the small button heads. Thanks again!
If that doesn't work out there is another method: carefully tap the hole you drilled in the tang. Put on the screw that came with the cruise with some blue loctite, there will be few threads there. Trim the threaded end sticking through the tang flush. Note: I trimmed mine while it was not screwed into the tang.

Oh, it works out. The button head can rub the cable day in day out and never harm it in the least. Franks has been this way for 50,000 miles and not a mark. Dozens of bikes now use this method of attachment, same results.

Oh, it works out. The button head can rub the cable day in day out and never harm it in the least. Franks has been this way for 50,000 miles and not a mark. Dozens of bikes now use this method of attachment, same results.
I misunderstood, I thought the button head idea was to miss the cable if you drilled in the right spot, ie near the end of the tang. After spending a lot of time researching the cc install I cleverly did not drill close enough to the end of the tang, and came up with this alternative. No rubbing (sorry bustanut).

Latest posts