Curious phrases spoken by motorcyclists....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"186,000 miles per second: it's not just a good idea; it's the law."

Waitress to touring motorcyclists at breakfast: "That road? Oh no, you don't want to take that. It's nothing but curves and its steep and no one else uses it." Us: Grin... "Thank you very much for your advice."

"Loud pipes scare deer away and let other drivers know we're coming." Question: "Then why don't you point them forward?"

Complaint: "Loud pipes just piss off the citizens." Reply: "That's the whole point!"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sometimes You Have to Use the Whole Speedometer"

"Riding is Life...Everything Before & After Is Just Waiting"

"The Best Pilots Have a Great Wingman"

"If you can't Ride, Fly or Sail it, Why Bother?"

"Go like Hell...worse that can happen is you go to Heaven"

"What the hell happened to my signature line?"
+1

<sigh>

Spoken by a motorcyclist to a group of motorcyclists at the front of a long line of cars halted by a police cruiser on a two-lane Marin Country road because of a reported accident up ahead. The motorcyclists had all gathered at the front of the line after threading their way up to the front, dismounting, and removing their helmets. Soon the deputy approached the group and told them he was going up ahead to check out the conditions, and to make sure the cars stayed there till he got back.

“Damnit. Even when we wear black leathers and ride fast motorcycles to prove we’re bad-ass, they still deputize us.” :D

"Do you like strawberries?"

"If it's too loud, you're too old."

"If I have to explain, you just wouldn't understand."

Then, I decided 'just phuck it'. I'm sick, get over it. So what. Be sick in Death Valley and see stuff like you may never see it again. Live the day. Poop your pants if need be. Make lemonade when delt lemons.

I (or he or she) threw it away. (Used after a crash that is not initiated by a sudden impact and is the rider's fault.)

"Here's our motel," says Silent to JB while looking at his GPS screen at 1 AM on the way to NAFO, sitting on the side of a very very dark road with no sign of life or light anywhere in sight for miles, let alone any @#$*&! motel! :glare:

Dude, you are NEVER gonna live that down! :p

"Here's our motel," says Silent to JB while looking at his GPS screen at 1 AM on the way to NAFO, sitting on the side of a very very dark road with no sign of life or light anywhere in sight for miles, let alone any @#$*&! motel! :glare:
Coming back from EOM 09 Rob (FJRob1300) and I rode back from WV to 'home' in a single day. All on secondary hwys (16/19/250/119/219) it was a pretty long day to be sure. We had left Weston WV around 9am and crossed the border around 8pm. Rob had made his mind up to ride all the way home (a good 2.5hrs more). Home for me was another 6 or so. Piss on it, I called my sister and made plans to flop at her place for the night.

I've only ever driven to her place coming from the North. I'm coming from the South. So I punch her place up on the GPS and tell it to take me there. It's dark and I'm in the middle of a grid of farm concession roads and I have NO IDEA where I am. Its got foggy and I can't see shit.

"Trust the GPS"

Finally I come to a stop sign and it say distance to destination 50 Meters. "Oh f'n great" theirs NOTHING here but a stop sign. I'm tired, hungry and I've got the worst pair of hwy eyes going for me ever. I've ridden through WV, PE, NY and into Ontario none stop. I'm about one set back away from going into shock I'm so tired.

So I sit there for a few minutes trying to collect my wits about me.

I pull away from the stop sign and theirs a little jog in the road and BING! theirs my sisters place.

Amazing how fast a couple of trees, fog and dark can absolutely demoralize you. I can laugh about it now, but in the spur of the moment I almost pushed my bike off the road and walked away.

"I'm surrounded by pussies", like that's a bad thing. :blink: :blink:
"Let' go get some pictures of Johnny80s and the huge plastic cow" :unsure: :unsure:

"Here drink this" :eek: "OK, what was it" :dribble:

"It started to snow and I had to slow down to 65 mph" :blink:

"Hung like an Argentine Duck" :yahoo:
Just for you Mike.

argenduck.jpg

Love it!