Curious phrases spoken by motorcyclists....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMGP0016.jpg

Coming back from EOM 09 Rob (FJRob1300) and I rode back from WV to 'home' in a single day. All on secondary hwys (16/19/250/119/219) it was a pretty long day to be sure. We had left Weston WV around 9am and crossed the border around 8pm. Rob had made his mind up to ride all the way home (a good 2.5hrs more). Home for me was another 6 or so. Piss on it, I called my sister and made plans to flop at her place for the night.
I've only ever driven to her place coming from the North. I'm coming from the South. So I punch her place up on the GPS and tell it to take me there. It's dark and I'm in the middle of a grid of farm concession roads and I have NO IDEA where I am. Its got foggy and I can't see shit.

"Trust the GPS"

Finally I come to a stop sign and it say distance to destination 50 Meters. "Oh f'n great" theirs NOTHING here but a stop sign. I'm tired, hungry and I've got the worst pair of hwy eyes going for me ever. I've ridden through WV, PE, NY and into Ontario none stop. I'm about one set back away from going into shock I'm so tired.

So I sit there for a few minutes trying to collect my wits about me.

I pull away from the stop sign and theirs a little jog in the road and BING! theirs my sisters place.

Amazing how fast a couple of trees, fog and dark can absolutely demoralize you. I can laugh about it now, but in the spur of the moment I almost pushed my bike off the road and walked away.
Great story. Probably the more tired we get the more we should trust our GPS, since we are losing our ability to reason clearly (so what are doing on a motorcycle?! :blink: )

Then, I decided 'just phuck it'. I'm sick, get over it. So what. Be sick in Death Valley and see stuff like you may never see it again. Live the day. Poop your pants if need be. Make lemonade when delt lemons.
Um, Silver, we don't really say "Poop your pants" on the FJR Forum. Sorry. I don't make the rules. :rolleyes:
I beg to differ, Mr Burleigh. This is a direct quote from the esteemed DCarver, regarding his recent trip to Death (by Dennys) Valley. I felt that it was a curious enough phrase, spoken by a motorcyclist, to be included in this thread. <_<

Then, I decided 'just phuck it'. I'm sick, get over it. So what. Be sick in Death Valley and see stuff like you may never see it again. Live the day. Poop your pants if need be. Make lemonade when delt lemons.
Um, Silver, we don't really say "Poop your pants" on the FJR Forum. Sorry. I don't make the rules. :rolleyes:
Oh Yes, JB, we doo-doo! :rofl:

Live to ride, ride to live.

And the more palatable:

Ride to eat, eat to ride

And my favorite, uttered repeatedly inside my helmet:

WHEEEE

Craig

I beg to differ, Mr Burleigh. This is a direct quote from the esteemed DCarver….
I shoulda known! Dude’s a bad influence on the forum and should be banned. :glare:

Oh Yes, JB, we doo-doo! :rofl:
Hey! There he goes again. Admin! Can we get an admin over here right away? :angry2:

Said by cute blonde in sports car as shiny HD pulls up next to her with the male rider doing his best to puff up like a peacock -

"Ohh, nice bike...... Sorry about the penis."

From Cycle Canada magazine when testing the Polaris Victory Hammer: "The extra-wide rear tire provides the same function as the tail-feathers of a peacock."

https://www.stevemcqueen.info/quotes.html I'm a huge fan of Steve McQueen. When I come back a 2nd time, want to come back as Steve McQueen; if just to sleep with Ali McGraw. His favorite quote of mine is: "Racing burns like a fever inside me!" I only got to watch him race motos 4 times, but you could tell he really loved it!

Last edited by a moderator: