Dairyland Insurance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rddiehl

Reaction score
I did some calling/internet quotes last night from several different companies. I was seeing if I could save on my $500 a year policy from GMAC (which is good I think). Anyway I had to call Dairyland and at the end she gave me a quote of $2700. I then proceeded to laugh my a#* off and told her no thanks. Esurance was $1200 and progressive was $850, so I guess I am staying with GMAC.

I've had Dairyland for 3 years now and paid about $345 this year. I'll probably go with Progressive when this one expires, but I've been happy so far with Dland.

been doing Dairyland since I first got my 03. It started at about $500 a year (full + 100/300/50 liability). Within 3 years it had dropped (and holds) at about $250 a year (same coverage).

ya, that is why I gave them a call, but it is just funny how the rates from state to state are so different. don't make sense to me.

Yes. Dairylands rates vary from state-to-state and within regions of particular states. In Texas, a move from Tyler to Austin cost me an additional 150 bucks per year for two bikes. Also, Dairyland offers a wide range of discounts. One of them is a homeownership discount. When I moved, I had to sell my house and am in a rental now. That cost me another 250 per year!

I shopped around last year when my renewal was due. I increased my coverage and still saved a couple hundred a year by switching to Progressive from Dairyland.

Latest posts