Dale Walker's Holeshot 4-2 Header System

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a sound clip for the whole system? I've listened to Dale's website clip, but it's just of a quiet drive by and launch. The sound clip I'd like to hear is of someone giving it the gas.
Anyone willing to have a buddy take a clip of them letting it rip?

Thx
you can hear them here on the blue 05 or here

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Called last week to order and was told about a month. Got a call Monday and said it was ready to ship.

Just in time for a saturday farkle session. Will install new plugs and TBS and a new map and report my findings as soon as it stops raining :angry2:

Bryce

Called last week to order and was told about a month. Got a call Monday and said it was ready to ship.Just in time for a saturday farkle session. Will install new plugs and TBS and a new map and report my findings as soon as it stops raining :angry2:

Bryce
let know how you like Dales map.

I had mine dynoed and had a custom map made, if you want to try it let me know.

Richard

Called last week to order and was told about a month. Got a call Monday and said it was ready to ship.Just in time for a saturday farkle session. Will install new plugs and TBS and a new map and report my findings as soon as it stops raining :angry2:

Bryce
let know how you like Dales map.

I had mine dynoed and had a custom map made, if you want to try it let me know.

Richard
Thanks Richard, I just might. I remember what a big difference it made when i put a full system and PC on my old Suzuki TLS1000.

Bryce

Happy Birthday to Me...Happy Birthday to Me! Ho Ho Ho......Merry Xmas!

It has Arrived.....A Fine looking 4-2 Holeshot system :dribble: , just waiting to be installed!

A farkling we will go....a farkling we will go....Hi Ho....well you get the idea! :yahoo:

Now if the rain would stop.... :blink:

Happy Birthday to Me...Happy Birthday to Me! Ho Ho Ho......Merry Xmas! It has Arrived.....A Fine looking 4-2 Holeshot system :dribble: , just waiting to be installed!

A farkling we will go....a farkling we will go....Hi Ho....well you get the idea! :yahoo:

You're in Washington. Doesn't it pretty much rain there all the time!?!?

Any way, thanks for not rubbing it in too much for those of us WAITING on ours <_<

I'm envisioning that once that new kick-ass exhaust system is installed (along with your other farkles) and you fire up the bike, the rain will suddenly stop, the clouds will clear and the bright warm sunshine will dry the pavement in anticipation of rolling out of your garage :eek:mg2:

So GET TO IT, MAN!!!

Happy Birthday to Me...Happy Birthday to Me! Ho Ho Ho......Merry Xmas! It has Arrived.....A Fine looking 4-2 Holeshot system :dribble: , just waiting to be installed!

You're in Washington. Doesn't it pretty much rain there all the time!?!?

Any way, thanks for not rubbing it in too much for those of us WAITING on ours <_<

I'm envisioning that once that new kick-ass exhaust system is installed (along with your other farkles) and you fire up the bike, the rain will suddenly stop, the clouds will clear and the bright warm sunshine will dry the pavement in anticipation of rolling out of your garage :eek:mg2:

So GET TO IT, MAN!!!
Just seems like it rains a lot, been a long winter it seems, but the spring, summer and fall are worth it!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Good things come to those who wait!

Would be nice to have a insulated garage :glare:

Supposed to rain for the next two weeks :angry: :blink: , but thanks for the warm thoughts.

Bryce

FWIW, I bought a propane heater on clearance from Northern Tool last year. My garage is not fully insulated and it usually only a few degrees warmer than the outside temps which, in Chicago, is STUPID cold :cold:

Any way, the heater was absolutely the best buck-and-a-half I ever spent. I can go from single digits to a toasty 50 degrees in less than 20 minutes. Now, even though I can't ride because of below-zero temps, I can farkle all winter long. Keeps me sane.....well, relatively speaking :stunned:

FWIW, I bought a propane heater on clearance from Northern Tool last year. My garage is not fully insulated and it usually only a few degrees warmer than the outside temps which, in Chicago, is STUPID cold :cold:

Any way, the heater was absolutely the best buck-and-a-half I ever spent. I can go from single digits to a toasty 50 degrees in less than 20 minutes. Now, even though I can't ride because of below-zero temps, I can farkle all winter long. Keeps me sane.....well, relatively speaking :stunned:
That's a good thing there Larry. Just make sure there is plenty of ventilation so carbon monoxide levels don't getcha.

That's a good thing there Larry. Just make sure there is plenty of ventilation so carbon monoxide levels don't getcha.
It's efficiency is very close to 100%, so CO emissions are minimal. I generally heat the garage, THEN shut it off and go out and work because it's a bit on the LOUD side and it's difficult to hear the radio over the noise it makes :headphone:

you can hear them here on the blue 05 or here

Richard
Curious Richard ... Were the baffles in for those video clips?? The one's on the HoleShot website definitely seem less 'blattie' than the high rev blow by's you linked to.
Yes they were in. I have since removed the pipe that goes into the air cleaner box and that eliminated the popping on decel

Richard

These pipes are awesome. If you are ever riding with me and have these on, please ride sweep. I had the pleasure of riding sweep behind BBIII's holeshots...what a headache you get after hearing that racket for 3 hours!

I guess we'll put you on the "Not a fan" list, Orangevale.

I don't believe that "racket" is exclusive to the Holeshots. I'm thinking anything other than the stock system would give a sweeper a headache after three hours. Assuming adequate group riding skills, I say the louder the exhaust, the farther back in the group you ride!

.....unless you're just looking to piss someone off :angry2:

I guess we'll put you on the "Not a fan" list, Orangevale.
I don't believe that "racket" is exclusive to the Holeshots. I'm thinking anything other than the stock system would give a sweeper a headache after three hours. Assuming adequate group riding skills, I say the louder the exhaust, the farther back in the group you ride!

.....unless you're just looking to piss someone off :angry2:
it's not loud, I can hardly hear it when i am riding. At idle it is very quiet, quieter than the 2 brothers i had before.

But it is loud when you pass people at WOT.

Richard

They are [SIZE=14pt]LOUD [/SIZE]and [SIZE=14pt]OBNOXIOUS. Seriously, at Death Valley one in our fjr group could be heard leaving Scotty's castle and he was making more noise than a freakin open piped Harley Davidson. Not kidding. A different type of noise, but still just noise. Not moosic, just noise.[/SIZE]

Of course, YMMV, IMHO, yada yada yada. Waaay too loud for this kid, and I have a HD too. :unsure:

I'll back O'Vale on this one. I have been behind BBIII for a good chunk of time heading down 49 to meet up with John and Toecutter last fall for a loop of Sonora and Ebbetts passes -- I was on my Blackbird with a 4-2-1 Micron pipe, and had my IPod playing through Sony isolation ear buds. I was amazed at how loud he was from behind, especially taking off from a stop.

I'm thinking O'Vale got his fill on the Red Bluff and Fortuna ride at the end of September. I think the trek to Quincy on the first leg of the first day had me followed by BBIII followed by O'Vale, and after we met up with the others there, he could still have been behind Bill most of the way to Red Bluff. It was two days later that O'Vale failed to show up for an early morning departure out of Fortuna to Fort Bragg and home. We figured he'd just drunk too much the night before and felt like sleeping in, but subsequent comments have made it seem much more likely that he thought that even a mild hangover wouldn't work with Bill's pipes. :lol:

They are [SIZE=14pt]LOUD [/SIZE]and [SIZE=14pt]OBNOXIOUS. Seriously, at Death Valley one in our fjr group could be heard leaving Scotty's castle and he was making more noise than a freakin open piped Harley Davidson. Not kidding. A different type of noise, but still just noise. Not moosic, just noise.[/SIZE]Of course, YMMV, IMHO, yada yada yada. Waaay too loud for this kid, and I have a HD too. :unsure:
You are such a baby Don get back to work.

just turn your hearing aid down. :D

R