Daytona bike week

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wheelingdawg

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
Does anybody know if Yamaha or any FJR group is planning on having anything in Daytona this year? This is my first bike week and not sure where to find information at.

There are usually a few of us that try to get together. As far as I know, you are the first to mention it this year. I'm sure others will appear here.

I will be down the 2nd weekend this year. Arriving Thursday around noon and leaving Sunday. I think I want to ride that AE model this year to see what it is all about. I am digging the 08 AE color.

Hey Brad, looking forward to that beer and BBQ.

It'll be good to ride with you guys again. I'm free all week, got some baby backs and butts in the freezer, looking for some briskets

too. We'll keep that smoker and grill going all week.

We should do some riding in the Lake, Marion, Alachua counties. Wade, do you have any good roads north of Rte 16?

Called my riding buddy this morning!

Probably 2nd week, Thursday thru Sunday.

Usually go to the Flat track and the Daytona 200.

Check out the scene at the MMI dyno shootout.

I've been going since the 70's, took a break for the last couple years.

The RUBS and traffic have gotten a little much.

Does anybody know if Yamaha or any FJR group is planning on having anything in Daytona this year? This is my first bike week and not sure where to find information at.
Myself and a couple of my work buddies plan on going and the weekend of the 2.

Is the BBQ for anyone?

My buds mistakenly purchased harleys , once they seen my fjr they soon realized the err of there ways.....hehehe suckers

Let me know

Myself and a couple of my work buddies plan on going and the weekend of the 2.

Is the BBQ for anyone?

My buds mistakenly purchased harleys , once they seen my fjr they soon realized the err of there ways.....hehehe suckers

Let me know
Hell Ya! All welcome. So far it looks like the second week is best. Lets see who's gonna be around and when and pick a good date.

I'll post contact info at the end of the month.

Also didn't mention the major factories give demo rides at the speedway all week.

It'll be good to ride with you guys again. I'm free all week, got some baby backs and butts in the freezer, looking for some brisketstoo. We'll keep that smoker and grill going all week.

We should do some riding in the Lake, Marion, Alachua counties. Wade, do you have any good roads north of Rte 16?
Just south of 16 is rt 13 that runs along the St Johns river...it's a nice ride. Follow it north to 16 west to 17 south then pick up 19 south thru the Ocala National Forest area. That will take you back to 40. Travel east to get back to Daytona. I'm still working on my schedule.....I'll let you know as soon as possible and we'll pick a day to ride.

Wade

Hello Pickax. I'm coming down during the first week. If you are offering up your back yard , I'm accepting. We are only planning to stay in Daytona for 2 nights then it's off to meander. I have a post called "Rob's bike ride" on the forum. Thanks .

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...=100094&hl=

Last edited by a moderator:
6 March, Ponce Inlet, Down the Hatch. Sometime in the late morning (1000?) FJRs will start arriving in the thousands!!

Well, maybe not thousands, but in 2006 there were 40 or 50 there. Way cool. A farkle-fest extravaganza!!

Well, maybe not an extravaganza, but cool nonetheless.

Down the Hatch is a pretty good restaurant. Ponce Inlet is a few miles south of Daytona Beach on A1A.

I might check you guys out at Down the Hatch, actually eaten there several times.

My riding partner in NC just canceled on me today, his dad is doing very poorly.

Anyway I plan to go to Durham, NC on Tues night and to Daytona wed.

Traveling from Fredericksburg, VA solo.

Anybody going south that I can ride with?

Hi all,

Headed down from NE Atlanta area on Thursday. Takin the Back roads mostly 441 to 341. Stoppin over in S Ga. Thurs night.

Should hit Daytona Friday am.

Hope to see some of you guys there.

Be carefull in the Boot Hill Saloon. :rolleyes:

Hi all,Headed down from NE Atlanta area on Thursday. Takin the Back roads mostly 441 to 341. Stoppin over in S Ga. Thurs night.

Should hit Daytona Friday am.

Hope to see some of you guys there.

Be carefull in the Boot Hill Saloon. :rolleyes:
If you want a less conjested road south to Fla. take 53 from winder over to watkinsville.

Pickup 15 to greensboro and continue on this road through sandersville, vidalia, baxlley, all the way to fla where it dumps you out on 1 to jax.

It's a pretty nice ride with virtually no traffic til you get to jax. A-1-A from jax is a nice ride down the coast.

I stayed in St Augustine and took the coastline a couple years ago and its a nice slow ride but worth the ocean view.

Just catching up here, been laid low with tendonitis lately.

Looks like a good crowd coming, BBQ offer still stands. How about friday the 8th. Down the Hatch is a great place too.

Rob, sent you a PM. My cell is (386)295-6522 for anyone around that wants to hook up.

Also have a few infield passes for the track.

Just catching up here, been laid low with tendonitis lately.Looks like a good crowd coming, BBQ offer still stands. How about friday the 8th. Down the Hatch is a great place too.

Rob, sent you a PM. My cell is (386)295-6522 for anyone around that wants to hook up.

Also have a few infield passes for the track.
Hi Brad,

This is Julio from EOM...

So far my plan is to arrive to Daytona Friday morning. What time is the BBQ and how do I get to your place? Not sure but will try to stop by.

My 2 kids are coming with me to watch the Suprescross & the Daytona 200. Planning to camp at the track - I heard is free when you buy tickets... otherwise would take you up on the camp offer.

Hope to see you in a few days. :)

Julio

aka jemride

I might check you guys out at Down the Hatch, actually eaten there several times.
My riding partner in NC just canceled on me today, his dad is doing very poorly.

Anyway I plan to go to Durham, NC on Tues night and to Daytona wed.

Traveling from Fredericksburg, VA solo.

Anybody going south that I can ride with?
I am already south, Powerman but if you want to ride up to Down The Hatch, we can arrange that. See you Wednesday evening.

Larry

Hey Larry, see you wed night.

Having one of those it can't get any worse days.

Woke up with a fever, head feels like crap.

Went to work early and the guys didn't show for three hours.

The kicker, no shit. I tried to drink some 30wt motor oil.

Reached behind a box for my drink, twisted the top and tasted oil.

Ashamed to admit it, but WTF?

Doctor, drug store.....

Loading up my bike, the garage door keeps working by itself?

Fifth time, I turned it off.

Did I say I'm going to Daytona? LOL