Dealing with the "Hole"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyBlue

Arrhythmia and Blues
Reaction score
Hard as i tried to sabotage the sale, a fella named Mike came all the way from Ferndale to "look" at Ziggy....but in reality he brought cash and his wife and 4 kids in the suburban....i figured the time had come....and i was right....didnt even argue the price and i threw in all the extras i could remember....

It was tough watching him ride away....i've never let anyone drive my bike so it was ultra weird...Mike was kind and understood, he's going to be a commuter as Mike is a ship painter and works in one of the yards...but watching MY bike ride away...the bike i had to put down 500 bucks on just to order him and then being a " waiter "....how many here remember that term ? I was one and it was soooo worth it...the FJR has been the most trouble free outstanding mechanical device i've ever owned and to say getting rid of him wasn't personal belies the tears that welled up as he faded away into traffic....worse than sending a kid of to college for me.....but much cheaper...

So, for the first time in 11 years, I am Bikeless and will remain so until i get a new heart....assuming i live long enough to get a new heart, and it won't be another FJR as i will downsize just to keep it all legit....my son has a 250 Vespa and that thing is a blast to ride...certainly won't be doing any wheelies or smoky ass burnouts or rolling burnouts (my favorite as i could pitch him side to side...fun days folks...a memory now..

One thing is for sure, you'll actually see more of me on here as i need to live vicariously through all of you now ! So it is, so it was, so it shall be....

BobbyBlue

former FJR owner,

keeper of the flame

That sucks. Here's hoping all works out well for you and you can ride again. I know that odd feeling of watching someone else ride "Your" bike away, though I didn't go through all that so the attachment I'm sure wasn't as strong.

Ok, that does it, I'm never selling my bike! I'm so attached, that it would break my heart, much like reading Bobby's story. Sorry Bobby, all the best going forward.

Bobby, you are a great guy with a great gal. You will be just fine and back on 2 wheels (though smaller ones) in no time. It will feel like forever, but it will come. Keep your chin up brother, and we will see you at the next Tech Day. My older brother just bought a 2013 FJR and I plan to bring him up for the Tech Day so that everyone can beat him over the head for being my brother. (I almost feel bad about the wrath that he will get... Almost...)

Carl

Get that new ticker and there will be two wheels waiting for you when you're ready.
punk.gif

I am really looking forward to that day BobbyBlue when you start a new thread titled "Got a new fuel pump installed!", or something like that.

Glad to read that you plan on continuing to hang out here. Stay well long enough to get that new hardware. Someday I'd like to hear you play.

Thank you all so much...it is here amongst my brothers and sisters that i feel most at home ! I plan on attending all the PNW get togethers as once in the feejer fold, forever in the feejer fold.... in a way its a good thing as the silver lining is i've had heart trouble, as in attacks, since i was 28 years old and it will be good to be able to breath easy and exert myself without worrying am i gonna bring on a new attack...i come to this through genetics mostly, my great grandparents all died in their mid 30's due to heart disease...it runs in the family and i drew the short straw but it HAS led me to a greater appreciation of every day and night i'm here and i hope i inspire a few to drink in life by the gallon cuz i sure do !

This forum does so much for me the has little to do with the bike, only forum i belong to and we set a high bar indeed....never met a prick on here i didn't like, to be sure a lot of you are neomaxizoomed needle dicks...but i love ya all...hats off to Dale "Warchild" Wilson for helping to establish the best group of riding folk to inhabit this planet and Iggy and the other forum modulators for keeping us straight....great group of folks you all are...if your here, you're dear !

Blessed in so many ways,

BobbyBlue

Last edited by a moderator:
Bobby, I haven't met you but feel I know you a bit through this forum. We share a love for the mighty Galaxy Blue Rocketship! Hope to shake your hand and listen to some blues guitar at the Fall tech meet.
punk.gif

Neomaxizoomed needle dicks, indeed.
lol2.gif

CBM

and to say getting rid of him wasn't personal
You didn't get rid of him. You allowed someone else to appreciate him, and that in itself is a wonderful act. A horse penned in a stall all it's life is a sad waste. Life is all about making memories. You didn't get rid of those memories. I wish you the best in health and happiness.

Guh...... Feel your pain.... Though my Galaxy Blue went to a good friend - it was hard to watch it ride away....

Only bonus for the NO RAGRETS part was - As I watched with a tear in my eye until she was out of my sight, I walked into the garage to smile at my new 15....

Kinda funny..... Sold the Ticker to get a New Ticker.... Get one with a turbo - LOL

Get well soon

Last edited by a moderator:
....in continuum....Mike came by and picked up stuff i forgot to give him....Weatherall cover, 3rd one and only bought the first one...they stand by their guarantee and replaced mine...twice ! He is so stoked about Ziggy it made me feel good to pass him on to such a positive person....his big question ? Can i ride him in the rain ?...i burst out laughing as we all know these bikes are some of the best performing wet weather machines out there !!! i had to tell him about riding in snow in Maine and Ice in Dallas and mud in my back yard and.....i thought it was cool that he asked...he said it was really stressing him and he didn't want to appear stupid but he only had open frame sport bikes and those DO NOT do well in wet weather...at least the older ones....got him all loaded up now and i turned him on to here, but he's not much of a computer guy and told me he'd rather be riding than typing...he has 4.5 kids and 3 of them had already been for a ride and were very eager to tell me all about it...they got new helmets and everyfang...very cute from the under 8 crowd....they love how smooth and quiet he is compared to dads Dukashi....which cracked me up too...long happy miles mike !!! he seemed genuinely thrilled and this truly warmed my heart...or maybe thats a battery getting overcharged....gotta go.....

Blessed and Know It,

BobbyBlue