Denver to Rochester NY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1FJR

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Took a little trip to Rochester to spend some time at my fiances cabin at Lake Onterio. She flew as she did not like the idea of a 4000 mile motorcycle trip. Basic route was up through South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan then Onatrio Canada around Lake Huron down to Niagara Falls and to Rochester. Trip home was to be I-80/90 home trying to do a Iron Butt. Mother nature had other plans for that part.

Here are a few photos.

The start of 4000 miles of fun.

189555027-M.jpg

The first view of the Black Hills of South Dakota.

184519408-M.jpg

Some of the fun during Sturgis this year.

184519413-M.jpg

A nice sunrise.

184519416-M.jpg

A slow mode of travel.

189550377-M.jpg

Sunset.

189551405-M.jpg

Would be fun to buy and use at work.

189552263-M.jpg

Letchworth State Park, NY

189552977-M.jpg

The trip home did not work out the way I wanted. I had more rain than I have ever ridden in. Started in Pnnsylyvania and continued into Indiana and Illinois. I did not get caught up in the storm that hit Chicago last week. I was warned about while stopped in traffic so I went south thinking that I would be able to go around it. Nope. Ended up staying the night in Springfield. Next day I headed down to I-70 to go west.

I saw alot of the IBA riders heading towards St. Louis.

Some of the few sights that I saw on the way home.

189552016-M.jpg

189553356-M.jpg

Overall a great ride, the bike worked great. Will be really looking at GPS with weather for the next trip, sure would have been helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see that you got home with no probs. Enjoyed meeting you in Oswego. I'm getting ready to ride down to WV for the EOM in 2 weeks. I took your advice on the seat pad. I ordered a pair. I just hope they get here before I leave.

Be well,

-GSE-

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not gotten the GPS yet. I will be getting the Zumo 550 when I do. I have plenty of time before my next ride. It is 34 degrees and the roads are covered in gravel and ice, winter has arrived in the Mountains of Colorado.

Good to see that you got home with no probs. Enjoyed meeting you in Oswego. I'm getting ready to ride down to WV for the EOM in 2 weeks. I took your advice on the seat pad. I ordered a pair. I just hope they get here before I leave.
Be well,

-GSE-

seat pad? details?

The sunset is Lake Onterio near Oswego NY. The canoe is also at the same location. I do have the the picture in high res as it was taken with a D100. The cop car is a 63 Fairlane with all the police stuff. I looked inside and there is the radio and other orginal equipment.

Here is a link to my Smugmug account that has a few more photos on it. Visit My Website

Neal