DFW area favorite rides

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a loop out of Granbury that I like (especially since it make a slice of pie in Hico an easy option):

FM 51 S of Granbury incl Hico

Though to be honest there are lots of nice roads south of Glen Rose.

Marcos, if the construction between Pilot Point and Anna on 455 you're talking about was...ohhhhh...say about 4 years ago then you'll be mightily disappointed. They went from nice smooth blacktop to that awful oil & rock surface which, over the years, has developed deep and treacherous grooves on every turn.
If you're talking about a different time period for the construction then nevermind. :)

Well you know how it gets. After a while what you think was only last year was actually 5 or more. Might very well have been about 4 yrs.

This is a loop out of Granbury that I like (especially since it make a slice of pie in Hico an easy option):
FM 51 S of Granbury incl Hico

Though to be honest there are lots of nice roads south of Glen Rose.
Looks like we a route for the next Metroplex ride.

Marcos, if the construction between Pilot Point and Anna on 455 you're talking about was...ohhhhh...say about 4 years ago then you'll be mightily disappointed. They went from nice smooth blacktop to that awful oil & rock surface which, over the years, has developed deep and treacherous grooves on every turn.
If you're talking about a different time period for the construction then nevermind. :)

Well you know how it gets. After a while what you think was only last year was actually 5 or more. Might very well have been about 4 yrs.
Oh yeah I know how that goes. I'll talk to friends of mine about various things that went on when I moved into my current house. Of course I'll saying something like "that was a couple of years ago". My wife then corrects me and lets me know it was 14 years ago. :eek:mg:

Thats what I remember, how bad the corners were.

The Anna route is not as good as some backroads around Muenster (sp) and Glenrose. I do each of these now & again. I'll grab the GPS and get the streets soon.

The Anna route is not as good as some backroads around Muenster (sp) and Glenrose. I do each of these now & again. I'll grab the GPS and get the streets soon.
Don't even see a road name on google maps. Alvord to Forestberg, Forestberg to Saint Jo. Those have some nice sweepers and hills.

Don't even see a road name on google maps. Alvord to Forestberg, Forestberg to Saint Jo. Those have some nice sweepers and hills.
Alvord to Forestburg - FM 1655

Forestburg to St. Jo - FM 677

Here's a trick if you can't get Google Maps to show you the highway number, switch to Terrain view in the upper right hand corner of the map and the highway numbers will usually show up.