Do you know what is considered the greatest play in major league baseball?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for that.

I was unaware of that until now.

Truly a great play to deny them two of any satifaction.

That was truly amazing. Is that the only public record of Tommy Lasorda actually running? <_<

Wow I had forgotten about that but I actually remember it from the time. I thought I remembered it from one of my favorite shows of the era "This Week in Baseball" but I just looked it up and it didn't premiere until '77. I was probably delirious from the defeat of my beloved Red Sox at the hands of the evil Reds a year earlier. Damn you Cincinnati...DAMN YOU!! :)

I watched the YouTube link posted above and the jackass who posted it added a comment that they were Muslims. I thought that was kind of unlikely for a guy named William Errol Thomas from Eldon, Missouri in 1976. I looked it up and of course the YouTube guy is just another assh*le trying to stir the sh*t. Lies like that are designed to spread hate....just like burning the flag.

Actually it was a father and son. The father was described by the media at the time as a hippie and communist sympathizer. Now that sounds more like the wing-nuts of 1976.

gypsy