Does 2006 Sargent seat fit 2013?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogambo

Reaction score
Before I get yelled at....I did try to search this question out, but to no avail.

I'm finally thinking of spending the bucks and buying a new Sagent seat for my 06 FJR. Then.....I started reading about the 2013 and have thought about the possible aquisition of one of these sweet new rides. So if I get the new seat for my 06... and then end up snagging a 2013, will the new seat fit the new bike?

I know the answer is out there.

Thank you, as always.

-M

Thank you, but I had already read that. I didn't seem to see where the seat was addressed one way or the other, unless I am just flat out missing it, which is altogether possible. Unless...it is in the omission of a seat discussion that one is to assume that the 06 seat will work. I guess I was just hoping that someone knew with a "yes, it will" or "no, it won't". I'll keep reading.

I had a Sargeant on my '06, and it transferred to my '13 with no issues .................love the '13

The answer is in that thread, but it would take a bunch of reading. I have some sympathy because that was one very long thread with lots of...diversions. But the answer is yes. It will fit.

The answer is in that thread, but it would take a bunch of reading. I have some sympathy because that was one very long thread with lots of...diversions. But the answer is yes. It will fit.
Took me about 20 seconds to find it searching it on the word "seat". I think some could find it faster, but everybody should be able to find it in less than 60.

Last edited by a moderator:
68 page thread.....and you were able to find it in 20 seconds...congrats, you are the worlds fastest speed reader.

I am thinking that what he means is that with the right search method it will take you right to that part of the thread. This normally works for me depending on what browser I am using, and how it is set up on my end. The one I am on right now won't do that.

Or, maybe I am wrong. Again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking that what he means is that with the right search method it will take you right to that part of the thread. This normally works for me depending on what browser I am using, and how it is set up on my end. The one I am on right now won't do that.
Or, maybe I am wrong. Again.
You got it exactly right! :) Reading 68 pages of stuff would suck.

Too many folks say, "I searched, but didn't find it." and cop out after that. I yearn for a day when folks say, "I searched on xxxx and found yyyy. What should I try instead?" ;)

I have learned to search far and wide to avoid duplicate posts. My favorite method is searching by typing i to the URL search criteria such as: fontnamansucks site:fjrforum.com

Did not find anything did ya!

Works great and keeps users and admns happy.