Does Yamaha still give out the FJR Hats with new bikes??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hats are for bald guys.

Hats are for guys with lots'a hair that happen to wear helmets all day and subsequently get a bad case of helmet head! ;)

2975782460098858932S200x200Q85.jpg

I can't believe this hat is getting soo much attention. I remember in 2005 when certain new owners did and others didn't get one it was a huge issue for Yamaha. Those that were around at that time can concur. Anyway, I just took a few pictures of the hat for those that never saw it. Mine has been in a zip lock bag since the day I got it.

DSC06279.jpg

DSC06276.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hats are for bald guys.

Hats are for guys with lots'a hair that happen to wear helmets all day and subsequently get a bad case of helmet head! ;)

2975782460098858932S200x200Q85.jpg

Hmmm cant tell from your picture if ya got hear or not. That is why guys with no hair wear hats.
Well at that particular moment you wouldn't have wanted to see my hear (sic). That was at the end of a full day of riding on 9/20/08 and I had a wicked hat head. I remember the date because it was the Saturday of EOM, and also my birfday! Photo credits to Mrs Helen Ionbeam.

Here' photographic (albeit not photogenic) evidence of maximal follicular habitation:

2597724790098858932S425x425Q85.jpg

And no, I'm not a hair club member...

I got a ball cap, just like the one in Spine's photos, in the mail about three months after buying my 05. It came from Yamaha USA, not from the dealership. I didn't get one when I bought the 07.

I bought my official cap from here a few months ago, but now discontinued by Yamaha; wished I had bought a dozen, might be a millionaire by now.

FJR1300 Cap on the Web

it's part number SPB-02BBC-FJ-BK , so I guess it was available at any Yammy parts supplier, but no longer as far as I can see

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

That is a nice looking hat, my wife thinks I have too many hats already.
what does she know (like mine re:hats) ??? :unsure:

I have dozens of hats, thank you very much :rolleyes:

Always have, always will :yahoo:
Yeah, me too....I have a couple of dozen "every day" hats and then probably a few hundred boxed up. Thank goodness for attics! If anyone sees another of these hats on e-bay....let me know!

Yamaha didn't give me squat with either bike...I think it is more of a dealer issue tho than manufacturer. I think Stewie is going to buried with all the stuff he f&%ks his loyal buying public out of.

Now, the down filled vest I have from GM Corp that says "Corvette" I quite like ;)

Hey guys, the hat pictured in my for sale post is the exact hat that Yamaha sent in the mail to me after I received my 2005 FJR, period!! :angry2:

Many people also have gotten hats at the regional events like WFO and EOM.
Some of us got more than one!

I just made an interesting discovery. Inside my (Park City WFO?) hat, on the cardboard stiffener thing, was this pin:

IMG_0908.jpg

How cool, and timely! Something else to add to my flair for CFR. I now have one piece!

Anyway, the hat, sans pin, will go on eBay tonight. Daddy needs funds....

If you're still looking, there's one on ebay right now. You got about 5 and half hours.
...or so, until the auction starts....