Doug/bugnatr v. Deer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug,

Glad your ok! Pawn the Rick Mayer's if you can, or save it, mount it to a shop or bar stool and remember how comfortable it kept you.

Your sense of humor has returned, or maybe the vicoden has kicked in!

The bike looks AFU, I am hoisting a cold one to its passing!

Take care MF, Get better!

FWFE

I'm with FWFE, that bike is FUBAR.! You and Sam are lucky boys, (glad you both are relatively all right) and it's obvious your work here isn't done yet. I changed my signature to honor you both but, that's enough venison for awhile, Ok?

Bugnatr and puppychow, did either of you keep your deer? Mmmmmm, jerkey. :dribble:

Doug,

Glad your ok! Pawn the Rick Mayer's if you can, or save it, mount it to a shop or bar stool and remember how comfortable it kept you.

Your sense of humor has returned, or maybe the vicoden has kicked in!
Both good idiers! 'cept when I red it the first time, me thinks it said Vatican? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugly get-off Doug, glad you were able to walk away.

Great meeting you at Ray's RTE...I'm thinking next year we all drive BIG 3/4 ton 4X4 trucks!

Heal up quick.

--G

Glad you are OK. Sorry about the FJR.

I think you will be happy with a Wing, but you will miss the FJR.

Heal quick my friend.

Joe (Tucson Joe)

Dayum Doug. You went down hard on that left side! I'm glad you came out of it ok, and I'm glad you weren't alone.

Its amazing that you and Sam came out of your crashes the way you did. If anyone doubts the effectiveness of good gear, your two incidents should straighten them out.

Sorry about your FJR. It would break my heart to see my bike mangled like that, but better it than you. Take your time getting back on. Heal up first.

I want you to be in good riding order the next rime we meet up.

Doug,

Glad your ok for the most part, that too may FJR taken out by deer that week, it was nice meeting you @ Ray's RTE. Hope you have a speedy recovery and be back the FJR again.

Bugnatr and puppychow, did either of you keep your deer? Mmmmmm, jerkey. :dribble:
Wasn't enough left of mine to make stew. I had green stuff from the stomach plus deer guts blown all over the left side of me, the bike and the road, does not smell very good.
So.

You're sayin' the green stuff came out of the DEER?

Okay.

DougieBear, I'm so happy to hear you came through this thing in one piece. I know we're all thankful we can repeat the lines about "bikes can be replaced, but people ....".

You and Sam are still here with us, and that's something to celebrate.

You're just a kid, so I know you'll heal fast and be back on ...a new Stelvio in no time.

The FJR is a little on the heavy side for effective deer hunting. While it does kill cleanly, with poor shot placement the carcass is ruined. In the future please either switch to a smaller caliber or else aim for the head. That way you will still be able to harvest the venison and cook it for your friends.

Seriously, glad you are OK. Two forum members taken out by deer within such a short time frame is depressing. I am so glad that you are both able to post your results on this forum. That is the most important thing.

I rode Dad's very badly damaged FJR home after he crashed in 2008. I helped him out of his very effective TourMaster jacket and pants. I remember his disgust that he had destroyed his beautiful and beloved FJR. I remember how upset he was that his riding gear and his Nolan helmet were no longer usable. He was depressed over the loss of the material things and disgusted that it was entirely his fault.

I cared about those things but the fact that he had crashed and survived, that he was still able to talk to us and was only damaged (3 broken ribs and lots of soreness) was the most wonderful feeling. I am reliving that feeling of relief and happiness to know that both you and Puppychow have survived. Best wishes for a full and healthy recovery to you both, good luck on bike and gear replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want you to be in good riding order the next rime we meet up.
Working on it, everyday it's a little better

Doug, it was nice meeting you @ Ray's RTE.
Back attcha, it was fun!

a new Stelvio in no time.
Humm

The FJR is a little on the heavy side for effective deer hunting. While it does kill cleanly, with poor shot placement the carcass is ruined. In the future please either switch to a smaller caliber or else aim for the head. That way you will still be able to harvest the venison and cook it for your friends.
Ha, that's funny because 3 guys stopped after I had help. One guy actually picked up the little rat and dropped it because there wasn't enough left to do anything.

I rode Dad's very badly damaged FJR home after he crashed. I helped him out of his very effective TourMaster jacket and pants. I remember his disgust that he had destroyed his beautiful and beloved FJR. I remember how upset he was that his riding gear and his Nolan helmet were no longer usable. He was depressed over the loss of the material things and disgusted that it was entirely his fault.I cared about those things but the fact that he had crashed and survived, that he was still able to talk to us and was only damaged (3 broken ribs and lots of soreness) was the most wonderful feeling. I am reliving that feeling of relief and happiness to know that both you and Puppychow have survived. Best wishes for a full and healthy recovery to you both, good luck on bike and gear replacement.
Wait...what??? :blink:

Well Doug, it seem that it's been established that the FJR is to large a caliber for deer, and you thinking about replacing it with a Wing?

What's up with that??? Going elephant hunting? ;)

Bugnatr,

Curious as to what brand of riding gear you were wearing as it sounds like it did it's job well.