• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Doug Hines 06 Risers -Will be gone most July-Order

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drhines

Reaction score
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up if you are thinking about ordering a set of 06 FJR handlebar risers. I leave out around July 9th for a motorcycle trip and will be gone the entire rest of the month. I will not be able to send any orders out during this time.

Update: As of today, July 4, 2006, I am completely sold out of Version 3 risers for the 2006 FJR for the July 6th shipment date. I am having 20 more sets made while I am on my bike trip for the rest of July and should be able to send out more risers around the 1st week of August. If you want to get on the waiting list you may send payment while I am gone and will notify you upon my return.

Out of the first set of 30 risers, noone has contacted me not being able to fit risers on their bike. One has said it was tight but went on ok. Many emails that install went great and did the install in 10 minutes.

See details and pricing at https://www.geocities.com/drhines/FJR1300Risers.html

Doug Hines

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up if you are thinking about ordering a set of 06 FJR handlebar risers. I leave out around July 9th for a motorcycle trip and will be gone the entire rest of the month. I will not be able to send any orders out during this time.
So if you are thinking about getting some and need them in July, you need to order now. I am still looking at sending next shipment of risers out around July 5th.

Out of the first set of 30 risers, noone has contacted me not being able to fit risers on their bike. One has said it was tight but went on ok. Many emails that install went great and did the install in 10 minutes. One rider had to cut the wire tie on left handlebar wires to free up slack but that's been it. So maybe Yamaha does not have a problem with their cable lengths.

See details and pricing at https://www.geocities.com/drhines/FJR1300Risers.html

Doug Hines
Order some riser from Doug today, if you want the in July they are getting scarce in his stock level.

Doug,Will you have more for sale after you get back?
If I sell out before leaving on vacation, I will probably order another 20 sets (which is minumum order) for shipment in August. If I do not sell out, I will not order any more. I have so little profit and high expenses I do not want to get caught with high inventory cost.

I suggest you order now if you think you want some 06 risers.

Doug Hines

Doug,

Will you have more for sale after you get back?
If I sell out before leaving on vacation, I will probably order another 20 sets (which is minumum order) for shipment in August. If I do not sell out, I will not order any more. I have so little profit and high expenses I do not want to get caught with high inventory cost.

I suggest you order now if you think you want some 06 risers.

Doug Hines
My machinist had enough material to make me 4 additional risers, so as today July 1, 2006 and have 3 unsold sets of risers left for the July 5th shipment. I have ordered an additional 20 sets of risers for when I return around the 1st of August.

Thanks

Doug Hines

Got a set from one of Doug's customers that decided to go back to stock. LOVE THESE THINGS! Really helps the old bones enjoy a great bike even more.

I edited my first post of this thread to update the 06 riser status of orders to say the following:

Update: As of today, July 4, 2006, I am completely sold out of Version 3 risers for the 2006 FJR for the July 6th shipment date. I am having 20 more sets made while I am on my bike trip for the rest of July and should be able to send out more risers around the 1st week of August. If you want to get on the waiting list you may send payment while I am gone and will notify you upon my return.

Doug Hines