E Z Pass

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim

Reaction score
I am tired of fumbling for change to get through tolls. If you use the E Z Pass where have you placed it on the bike. Someone mentioned putting it in the tank bag. I seldom ride with mine. Any suggestions. Thanks

I am tired of fumbling for change to get through tolls. If you use the E Z Pass where have you placed it on the bike. Someone mentioned putting it in the tank bag. I seldom ride with mine. Any suggestions. Thanks
Tolls? Do we still have toll roads in this country? :blink:

I use the dual lock that comes with the IPass and fasten it to the bottom of the windshield. I have attached a tether to it, in case it falls off.

I stuck mine on the back of the windscreen down as low as possible so it can't be pulled out easily with the screen fully retracted. I used the white industrial strength velcro strips that EZ-Pass provides.

I stuck mine on the back of the windscreen down as low as possible so it can't be pulled out easily with the screen fully retracted. I used the white industrial strength velcro strips that EZ-Pass provides.
Ditto. When I'm states away from using it...it lives in my cubby hole.

My understanding is that they way they're positioned is important and they like being faced towards the toll booth...sort of like a Claymore mine. Come to think of it...they look a bit alike...except for the writing and color. ;)

claymore-thumb.jpg
1018EZPass.jpg

I used to use a small 6" mini-bungee to attach mine to the top of a master cylinder. Now I just put it in the map pocket of my tank bag, and yes, it's important which side is up.

Ditto Geezer and Iggy. Which is also what the instructions say to do -- for whatever that's worth.

For some reason, mine didn't work when it was in the tank bag. In fact, it didn't work in the map pocket with 1 sheet of paper over it. It also didn't work in a small pocket my jacket has on the sleeve. And it didn't work when it was in the Givi top case. I've talked with others who have used each of those solutions and theirs worked fine. Go figure.

Anyway, no one has ever messed with it attached to the windshield. And if you ever get nervous about it being placed there when you walk inside, it's easy to detach and reattach.

And RAM makes a mount too, of course.

+1, that is what I did and mine works fine. It did not work in the tank bag, so I stuck it to the lower part of the windshield and now it works every time. I move it to my GoldWing, where I stick it to the dask and it works well there too. The trick for me is to go very slow through the EZPass lane and it works every time. It sure is better than messing with money and all, I sure can not understand why Ohio (where I live) does not get on the bandwagon and start using it.

Tim ~ Do you have a dash shelf? I have mine mounted facing forward inbetween the front dash attachment and the windshield. Great out of the way location that has worked everytime for me.

Paul Peloquin

Monmouth OR

I use the dual lock that comes with the IPass and fasten it to the bottom of the windshield. I have attached a tether to it, in case it falls off.

I had mine there - without tether. On RT 95, just as I entered NY at 5 AM I hit a pothole. The EZ Pass boused off the gauge cluster & hit the ground at 75. I hesitated a second whether I should stop (plenty of traffic & still dark). By the time I stopped I had to walk back a 1/2 mile. There in the middle lane of 95 it was! I waited for a break, dashed out in my best frogger imitation & retrieved it. It had a scratch from sliding and tire marks from being run over (several times). It still works!

I'm looking for a tether

I had mine there - without tether. On RT 95, just as I entered NY at 5 AM I hit a pothole. The EZ Pass boused off the gauge cluster & hit the ground at 75. I hesitated a second whether I should stop (plenty of traffic & still dark). By the time I stopped I had to walk back a 1/2 mile. There in the middle lane of 95 it was! I waited for a break, dashed out in my best frogger imitation & retrieved it. It had a scratch from sliding and tire marks from being run over (several times). It still works!

I'm looking for a tether
What I did was epoxy a small metal bracket to a corner of the IPass. Attached lanyard to it and looped it around one of the windshield supports. It doesn't interfere with the windshield operation and is relatively easy to detach when you want to.

I've got mine attached to the inside front of my right side case. I try to be on the left side of the toll lane and it's never failed to pick up (even inside the case).

IIRC, it has to be oriented correctly to pick up - because it won't worksitting sideways in the glovebox....but works like a champ in the sidecase.

I don't keep the EZ Pass on the bike, my license plate is registered with EZ Pass, so as I run the tolls, the system finds my plate (good camaras) and deducts the toll from my account. Been doing that for years.

I removed the hard box from the fas-pass. Much smaller package to conceal. It is sealed in a plastic bag an velcroed inside the front fairing, above the access panel. Makes replacing the batterey easy too..

Here in Florida our transponders come with suction cups, I just lick it and stick it on the tank. I believe that by sticking it on the tank, it would technically be upside down compared to the windshield, but I have never been cited for a toll violation. When I get where I am going I store it in the convenient storage box.