ECU Replacement & PCIII

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirrilian

Reaction score
Do I need to remove the PCIII before I have the ECU replaced for the altitude issue? I wasn't going to replace the ECU since I didn't think I would run into this issue but I have. I and the pillion rode this weekend and went to the highest place in the state and had the miss, I stopped shut the bike off and started it back up and it resolved itself. I have been to the same place 2-3 times solo and never experienced it. Needless to say that needs to be fixed, the it made the pillion (and myself) really nervous to go into a 15MPH switchback and have the bike miss right in the middle of it...

No you don't have to remove it. I had my ECU replaced after installing a PCIII and it ran fine when I picked it up. I've read here that you should reinstall your map after adding the ECU, but I can't remember where I read it or the reasons why. I think it was in one of HaulingAshes posts. I took the remapping opportunity to try Wally's smoothness map to 2500 rpm combined with the Power Commander 001 map after 2500 rpm. I like it.