Eleven Bikes ride Big Bear and ROTW

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow- NWS NWS on the above!!!!!!!

Ok, Wikopedia has just gotten too avante garde for me. Did you see that illustration? BTW, Larry don't bother with that beginner set in Wiko. Try these- NWS Link NWS

Wow- NWS NWS on the above!!!!!!!
Ok, Wikopedia has just gotten too avante garde for me. Did you see that illustration? BTW, Larry don't bother with that beginner set in Wiko. Try these- NWS Link NWS
You mean to tell me that this (pause /pause).......I ain't never seen a tire patch kit like that before ??

Why would anybody want to put that thing like that up their rear end. :shok:

Sincerely,

Huell

Wow, how quickly this thread has eroded....I feel like I need a bath, and I didn't even hit any of the links. :lol: :devil:

Hey Larry, sorry about not coming back, it was a judgement call and I probably made the wrong one. Traffic was heavy enough and I was in an area that wasn't really pull-off/turn-around friendly, but I truly am sorry for having made you guys wait up on me.

Lessons learned for next time...

1. Don't stop to take pictures, Ray! This is a group ride, not a personal vacation.

2. Always ask the leader to physically stop at every turn-off. If we're turning off onto a different road, stop and gather Takes the guesswork/stress out for any who get seperated or have fallen back.

3. Announce ahead of time where the rally points will be (see #2 above)

4. Plan stops every 20-30 miles to regain the pack, rehydrate, stretch, warn of upcoming areas/hazards.

5. Distribute cell numbers (for those of us who have blue-tooth-links into our intercomms), especially if there aren't two bike-to-bike radios on the ride to have one at front and one at rear.

Rayban,

I absolutely don't blame you. You were designated/volunteered for photos

and that's hard enough to do on the fly.......... along with navigating.

The faster group should have waited at the intersection of Lake Gregory Dr.

and Hwy 18. And, that should have been me trailing........because if you missed it

you were definitely going down the hill afar before realizing the error.

I think we got hung up on the congestion of a couple of boinkin' slow poke cars

and got a chance to get on the gas for once and then the turn came up and it

became a superbike turn ( actually it felt kind of good). I was trailing kind of tight

and had a car or two right behind me. Never the less I should have made the

turn and kept in sight of your group. I would have had to stop and do a tough U turn.

I takes da blame and you be OK.

I mentioned at Crestline that it appeared as though we dropped about six riders,

but I think the general consensus was ........they have the route and will catch up

as we putted along downtown.

I kinda blame that beaded seat thing too........

WW's FJR

Larry