EOM '11

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many attendees traveling more than 1000 miles will be riding the entire distance verses trailering?
A couple of us from New England will be riding 1119 miles in unless we take a short cut through Georgia then the miles will be a little different. In 05 a wrong turn to EOM landed me in Colorado. More than a 1000 miles on that one too.

Nothing wrong with trailering your bike. It's a Honda Gold Wing I'd suspect? :devil:

It would be great to see you. Trailer or no, doesn't matter, just be good to have you back east. Trailering makes sense; your tires would be fresh, you'd be rested, and ready to go.

Annette and I will most likely take the "long way down" and put on close to 1k prior to arrival. But only about 90 miles will be slab - that's the distance from my garage to the MI / OH state line. From there, it's "wander" mode...

I am working on a way to make EOM this year... My funds are low this year for Motorcycle Adventures. :(

I have talked with Dan about some possible solutions including trailering the bikes and splitting the costs. I am not a fan of riding the bike nearly 2000 miles on the Super Slab... I save that for my J.O.B.

In a perfect world, If i can find 3 people who want to save money and their tires for the good stuff, And split the fuel by 4, This would be a CHEAP comfortable way to and from EOM and the 4000 miles of SLAB will be in Air Conditioned comfort.

Yes, I am ready for the Trailer Queen Jokes! If my time and money was more plentiful, I would ride it. You can count on that.

Fred,

We set up a sliding scale on the room block; less rooms early in the week, and more towards the weekend. We started with 19 rooms on Tuesday & Wednesday, 20 for Thursday, then 66 for Friday & Saturday. These numbers have all been upped as reservations have filled in.

Lots of options still available, from lodge rooms to cabins (and camping). Once we finally get registration up, we'll be able to see projected attendance.

Wayne

Nice!!

How big is the room block? Trying to get an idea of how many will be attending...

This could be the best damn EOM yet!! :yahoo:

Seeing as how this will be my first EOM, I have a few questions. Will planned routes be available in GPS format? Are most people planning on riding together or in smaller groups just wandering about? Any idea as to when the Registration website will be up? Any idea of projected registration fees are? Any events planned besides the Saturday evening dinner? Just trying to plan ahead a bit.

Seeing as how this will be my first EOM, I have a few questions.
Let me see if I can cover some of this for you;

Will planned routes be available in GPS format?
Yes, typically there are more ride routes availible than time to ride them; in Garmin GPX format and usually PDF as well for those with out Navigation systems.

Are most people planning on riding together or in smaller groups just wandering about?
Most travel in smaller groups (say 6 or so bikes) as it is easier to stay together and to keep tabs on each other. If larger groups form out of a desire to travel to the same location or route, I'd still suggest breaking that group down into smaller portions for ease of management by the lead rider. Look for posts as we get closer for guests to coordinate riding destinations / routes.

Any idea as to when the Registration website will be up?
Soon; it is later than usual, but people have had a lot going on in their personal lives this past year; family and career responsibilities often take priority. Please be patient, it's on it's way.

Any idea of projected registration fees are?
My goal is to keep the rally fee as affordable as possible this year. the current target is $40 per person. This will include one t-shirt, Nametag /w lanyard, one ticket for the dinner banquet saturday night, and entry into the door prize raffle. Lodging is each attendee's responsibility, and there are options available to drive the per night lodging cost down (like the 2-3 bedroom cabins that can be split up like Wheaton and the Chi-town boys are).

Any events planned besides the Saturday evening dinner?
As we get closer, we will gauge interest in a group BBQ for Friday night. I'd say the biggest draw to EOM (besides the riding) is the parking lot socializing. A great time to put faces to screen names, check out farkles first hand, pee on Fencer's bike seat, and listen to Ashe's Remus pipes "under load". The Cumberland Falls resort has a real nice balcony / deck overlooking the river that will make for a great place to hang out.

For anyone looking to add a little bit of flavor to the ride, James has found this tour advertised by the Kentucky Bourbon Trail that lets you bag a free t-shirt if you visit the 6 distilleries. We're working on a GPS file for that as well.

Just trying to plan ahead a bit.
Nothing wrong with that; hopes this helps; Annette and I are looking forward to seeing everyone this September.

You answered my questions very well. I like the ride format as that is the way I ride with the club I belong to in South Florida.Definitely looking forward to it. I made reservations at the lodge when it became available several months ago. Semper Fi.

For anyone looking to add a little bit of flavor to the ride, James has found this tour advertised by the Kentucky Bourbon Trail that lets you bag a free t-shirt if you visit the 6 distilleries. We're working on a GPS file for that as well.

Hey!! That sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Of course I'd want to collect some samples.

But, Josie tends to take up all my bag space with silly stuff like clothes. So not sure how I would get through 6 bottles in a weekend.

I wonder if I could get any help? :rolleyes:

You answered my questions very well. I like the ride format as that is the way I ride with the club I belong to in South Florida.Definitely looking forward to it.
But the good news is, Larry, you won't be in South Floriduh!! :eek: Get ready for some sweet roads. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!! That sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Of course I'd want to collect some samples.

But, Josie tends to take up all my bag space with silly stuff like clothes. So not sure how I would get through 6 bottles in a weekend.

I wonder if I could get any help? :rolleyes:
Don't worry. You have to mail in your completed passport, then they send you the shirt.

More details HERE <Kentucky Bourbon Trail Clicky>.

Thanks, Andy!!

But I'm actually more interested in the bourbons than in the shirt. ;)

I wonder if they give any good deals on it "straight from the distillery"? Probably not because they don't want to piss off their distributors and retail accounts.

Oh well,m it would still be a fun diversion.

Thanks, Andy!!

I wonder if they give any good deals on it "straight from the distillery"?
Nope... They do sell it there, But it all has to be sent out for the taxation stamp. You might as well buy it from the liquor store... It's the same.

dagonnit! This is the same week as my 25 year HS reunion......decisions, decisions.

The good news is Corbin is just 60 some miles down the road from my house...woo hoo

mvette Mike & mississippi_fjr Miles look like they'll be riding up together with me.

A possible bonus is The Axeman Chris and Cota George visiting Nawlins' and joining in the ride to the event.

I'm trying to figure out a doable plan to ride back to New York with Chris to visit his son Jordan and home Sag Harbor.

Dean Burke has a reservation for a 5 people cabin and we have 5 committments with what seems as 1 potential open spot with a "floor space" prob avail for a 6th.

Or I'm mostly ok with sharing a queen...actually (shhhhhhhhhh) with mvette on past trips to save $$$ which opens a bed for #6.

Staying would be Dean, Mike da Patriot, Scott da Burnspot, Fred da Old Pilot, and Miles da Mississippi_FJR so far, but we all know life can cause last minute changes.

Email me for more info at mholiver at cox dot net.

rgds

Mike in Nawlins'

dagonnit! This is the same week as my 25 year HS reunion......decisions, decisions.

The good news is Corbin is just 60 some miles down the road from my house...woo hoo
Nobody I went to HS with rides an FJR. A few ride Harleys, and they think I'm nuts.

I'd much rather hang out with other FJR nuts, than anyone in my HS class!