EOM '11

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is thinking about it. Options are riding two bikes, riding two up on Feejer (most likely) , or trailoring Feejer .

If she decides to stay home I'm riding in.

On another matter,,, I may be able to throw together a "Meet and Great" for southern Indiana this summer if there is enough interest.

Scooper

Geezer - no worries. I'm only 60% sure I can make it. I have a friend living in Louisville, KY so I'm hoping to make this a week-long trip. I won't know what the budget will look like until July.

Well, gang, it's looking like Sooze and I are going to EOM. :yahoo:

We've got a post-EOM trip tentatively kinda-sorta planned and it works into EOM perfectly.

Prolly not going to get there until Friday afternoon / evening, but we'll be there.

Sooo..... What's the 'fruit' gonna be this year?

The fruit??? Yer a fruit :p

Sitting the fence here still, have to see what Sheila's school schedule is going to be. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reserved a lodge room today and there are rooms left. This will be my first FJR event.

My wife (Shelly) may come along on her V-Star but I doubt it. She does not care for the Feejer and thinks her cruiser will be too slow for the group rides.

If I do it alone I'll be looking to hook up with anyone passing through.

Later

Scooper
There are always 'normal' people to hook up with that are not there for a track day. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we'll have a list of attendees up once registration is up. Maybe we will figure out something with google maps to get a graphic of where everyone is traveling from.

I added a few rooms to our block today for Thursday. Still Lodge rooms open, along with cabins and woodlands too.

-wr

Thanks Wayne. I'm sharing a cabin with some neer do wells...airboss, griff, motorcycle ed, and FJRocket. I hope I don't regret that. :unsure:

Well, the riding will be great anyways... :yahoo:

I might be scouting the nearby areas for a tent meet next May...so if I can swing the time, I will do SE Ohio the previous weekend, then ride down a little bit early to pitch a tent somewheres and scout... :)

This looks to be a nice ride. And since Bust-a-Nut Joker is coming, I suppose I will do my best to attend also. It also looks as though the Fairlaner will be attending too. That will be great, cause he will undoubtedly bring along his entourage with him. Richard would be hard pressed to miss the Dragon ride. Besides, his Goldwing will be the cadilac to travel distance on and the elevation will not exceed his maximum requirement..

The SW-FOG will be a couple weeks prior, so that will give me time to swap tires if necessary and get her all cleaned up and shiny. And hopefully if HRZ can arrange to get those fire extinguished up around Taos, the SW-FOG will have a location to go to. I'm sure a group of us can arrange to ride together out to Kentucky when the time arrives. I would like to ride this ride.

Big-D

If anything, I have to show up just to collect on the beer Barry owes me fer all the favors I'm done fer him.

If anything, I have to show up just to collect on the beer Barry owes me fer all the favors I'm done fer him.

How many attendees traveling more than 1000 miles will be riding the entire distance verses trailering?
Garmin says the fastest route for me is 850 miles. I expect it will be at least 1K once I tweak the route to include some fun roads.

Thanks Wayne. I'm sharing a cabin with some neer do wells...airboss, griff, motorcycle ed, and FJRocket. I hope I don't regret that. :unsure:

I might be scouting the nearby areas for a tent meet next May...so if I can swing the time, I will do SE Ohio the previous weekend, then ride down a little bit early to pitch a tent somewheres and scout... :)
Yeah..........Well...............Guess who just got moved to sleeping on the couch! :fuck: :grin:

Yeah..........Well...............Guess who just got moved to sleeping on the couch! :fuck: :grin:
Karl, Carl, Ed or Matt??? Which one??? ;)

I am working on a way to make EOM this year... My funds are low this year for Motorcycle Adventures. :(

I have talked with Dan about some possible solutions including trailering the bikes and splitting the costs. I am not a fan of riding the bike nearly 2000 miles on the Super Slab... I save that for my J.O.B.

In a perfect world, If i can find 3 people who want to save money and their tires for the good stuff, And split the fuel by 4, This would be a CHEAP comfortable way to and from EOM and the 4000 miles of SLAB will be in Air Conditioned comfort.

Yes, I am ready for the Trailer Queen Jokes! If my time and money was more plentiful, I would ride it. You can count on that.

Latest posts