EOM 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note to technical riders: Don't ignore Southern Cross because it has "sightseeing" in the route description. There's no such thing as a milk run through those mountains - plenty of challenges in addition to beautiful countryside.

A few people mentioned "The Snake" in TN.
Mike and I are going to hit up the Snake (after Rt 16 VA) on the way down. Glad to hear the Southern Cross route is interesting. I was planning on it sometime this weekend. But mostly just to tick off SC/GA in my states visited map.

I'm pulling out from work tomorrow at 3pm. Whether is looking frightful. Calling for rain and 40F temps for the next 24 hours. I was really hoping not to have to plug in until the end of the month but it looks like tomorrow will be the day.

WooHoo. The weather forecast and the routes have me really looking forward to this weekend.

I'd like try EOM500 (at least a large part of it) on Friday and TB2 on Saturday. Anybody care to join in? Any group I can tag along with.

The plan is to check in Thursday evening while on lunch break-won't give me much time to socialize/look for a ride group Thur night. Show up Friday morning and RIDE!
Nitroman and I have 4 routes planned over four days. (Thursday thru Sunday) we can all meet Thursday evening over a beer and discuss the possibilities available. The Weather Gods are taking care of us this weekend! :yahoo:
Actually, we need to discuss routes Wednesday night and pick one for Thursday morning. I wouldn't mind doing the Snake though ...
Sounds good to Me! :)

Early on there was talk of doing a ride over to the Ohlins distributor and doing a tour. Is this still a go???

WHO ordered this stuff??

WTFdidthiscomefrom.png

oh well, clear roads working NW along the SC / GA border this morning.

CSC_0122.jpg

And a little "Georgia State of Mind" this afternoon on Wolf Pen Gap...

DSC_0133.jpg

Have to get that wet stuff out of the way. We went on a poker run to Key West this past weekend. Rained off and on all the way down last Thursday and caught rain coming home. PLEASE, make it all go away.

The theweathernetwork.com is showing a pretty fine weekend with low 70's temps and sunny. 40% chance of rain/sun/thunderstorm on Sunday.

I'm thinking the worst weather I'm going to hit will be when I pull out of work tomorrow at 3pm. Daytime high is 47F and rain :/

It looks like I may be the latest entry to the festivities. I'll probably roll in around lunchtime Friday.

If anyone knows where they will be, I'd love to hook up for some twisties.

T-5.5 hrs.

Woke up to pouring rain, blustery and cool. Supposed to let up later in the day (Got my fingers crossed). Loaded up the bike this morning in the pouring rain then put on all my gear for the 5 minute ride into work.

Worth it. Hell. Yes.

I stayed at the Ironhorse resort last night. There is a river running through the parking lot this morning and all the harley riders are building an ark by lashing their trailers together. So entertaining, I decided to stay and watch...

Vader gets a rest day.

We've had rain the past few EOM's. This year, I started the rain dance early, mother nature saw me heading south and spend the day yesterday trying to pee on me all day. She missed. Today, she let loose again. She thinks she got me, but the jokes on her because the real riding starts tomorrow. My sacrifice will hopefully be everyone else's benefit in the form of clear traveling weather. Ride safe everyone, see you in Hendersonville.

tuesdayflood.png

T-44 hours.

It is 1 day, 20 hours, 3 minutes, 22 seconds

until Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 6:00:00 AM (Pittsburgh time)

shove off time as been put on a hold for a day.... re-routing around the other side of the lake which that requires new route down. It's all good!