EOM 2015 - Lewisburg, WV - 25-27 September 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Wayne. Wow! That one lonely dot in San Fransisco must be Tyler. Other than Bugntr, no one would be crazy enough to make that long of a journey. I Salute both of you crazy people. That's what we call: Cojones Grandes!!
biggrin.png
Yeah that's me... buncha weenies otherwise out here in CA... even if I have to fly & rent, I'm gonna do it, by golly!
wink.png
This is going to be fun! The bike is ready, So am I!
smile.png
The rental will be ready... when there's a will, there's a way! ;)

Thanks, Wayne. Wow! That one lonely dot in San Fransisco must be Tyler. Other than Bugntr, no one would be crazy enough to make that long of a journey. I Salute both of you crazy people. That's what we call: Cojones Grandes!! :D
Yeah that's me... buncha weenies otherwise out here in CA... even if I have to fly & rent, I'm gonna do it, by golly! ;)
This is going to be fun! The bike is ready, So am I! :)
The rental will be ready... when there's a will, there's a way! ;)
I totally agree.. ;)

Put new rubber on, front and back.

I have a flight tomorrow, so tomorrow night I'll give everything a good look over, then I'm heading south Tuesday for some training in Georgia before EOM.

Put new rubber on, front and back. I have a flight tomorrow, so tomorrow night I'll give everything a good look over, then I'm heading south Tuesday for some training in Georgia before EOM.
Final preparations are getting done here too. At this point it's the minor things. Baby got new shoes and she likes them. :)

Got new PR3s installed on Saturday after finally finishing the install of my pre-owned McCruise. Haven't had a chance to setup & trouble shoot the McCruise so I guess I won't be using it this trip.
sad.gif
I'm leaving some time today for Georgia with an overnight stop in Virginia on the way. I'll be on the road until I get home from EOM.

10 days left, so all you procrastinators got a little over a week to start getting ready. ;) We're pretty much packed, with just all the little stuff left, and putting everything on the bikes. Marie is doing really well with the packing, and even think we'll have extra room. Marie is also feeling a bit anxious now, more like nervous excitement, and by Wednesday I should be hearing a bunch of "OMG's". :grin:

Put new rubber on, front and back. I have a flight tomorrow, so tomorrow night I'll give everything a good look over, then I'm heading south Tuesday for some training in Georgia before EOM.
If you have time, depending on where in GA you are, if you wanna grab some grub let me know! :)

If you have time, depending on where in GA you are, if you wanna grab some grub let me know! :)
This could work. I'm spending Tuesday night in WV and have to be in Savannah Wednesday night. A late lunch/early dinner in Atlanta would be possible.

I have officially started the EOM countdown clock.

Friday night I rode my bike to a friends house where we installed a new Kumho tire on the The Beast.

I've been having a lot of pain, sore muscles, tingling in the hands, fire in the shoulder blades, and I realized it's because I no longer sit the same on my bike as I did before my surgery. Now, I'm leaning forward to grab the bars, and then pulling back to sit the way I need to sit to be comfortable. Hell, the hour ride to get my tire changed on Friday, I was in agony by the time I got to friends house. So, on Saturday, tby installed new bars on my bike. Found out that the Spyder RT bars would just mount up on my current RS model. They are a bit taller and a bit closer to the rider. HOLY AMAZEBALLS what a difference! We were gone 13 or so hours on a 400 mile ride yesterday (lots of stopping cause it was just a fun joy ride sort of day) and I had zero problems at all! Nothing in my shoulders/arms hurt. Nothing pulled, nothing pinched, nothing burned.

The Kumho is also a fantastic choice. My friend borrowed my bike back in May/June after my surgery and in exchange, bought me the tire. He did his research and the Kumho is what he came up with. GREAT PICK. I feel faster, the stability control came on, I'd say, 90% less than normal, making me more consistent in my corner speed. My legs are like jello today because I was pretending I was Valentino Rossi out there yesterday, moving my ass off the seat on every corner.

I am so incredibly happy with my bike right now I can't stand it! Only issue is The Beast just has no low end power in 2nd gear, which is what gear I'm usually in around tight turns, (think Deals Gap) -- I lose SO much time around hair-pin / close to hair-pin turns because the fucker can't get back up to speed quick enough coming out of a corner that goes uphill. It really bums me out.

NINE MORE DAYS till we leave!

Wife's rib is nicely healing from her accident 5 weeks ago.Finally done arguing with insurance company about trying to save her Harley. We lost. Bike is totalled mostly because of it's age. Spoke with our mechanic and came to grips with the fact it's just not economically feasible to repair it. Spent the past 2 weeks looking at replacement bikes just in case.

Friday evening picked up her new to her ride. 2008 BMW F800ST with factory low suspension. Tried a friends FJR with a Penske rear shock set to lowest possible ride height but it was still just a little too high and heavy for her.Managed to put some miles on the Beemer Saturday, in the rain. So far she likes it but will tell you it's not her Harley.Ordered a Madstad windscreen last night as the installed one puts the ari blast right at her upper chest and chin area. Installing her LED lights on the fender bolts this week. Have to install electrication in her tank bag for charging devices too.Should be an interesting ride for her.

If you have time, depending on where in GA you are, if you wanna grab some grub let me know!
smile.png
This could work. I'm spending Tuesday night in WV and have to be in Savannah Wednesday night. A late lunch/early dinner in Atlanta would be possible.
Sounds good! I actually work right by the airport, just to give you an idea of where I am during the day. My cell is 404-312-1917 -Kristen

Wife's rib is nicely healing from her accident 5 weeks ago.Finally done arguing with insurance company about trying to save her Harley. We lost. Bike is totalled mostly because of it's age. Spoke with our mechanic and came to grips with the fact it's just not economically feasible to repair it. Spent the past 2 weeks looking at replacement bikes just in case.
Friday evening picked up her new to her ride. 2008 BMW F800ST with factory low suspension. Tried a friends FJR with a Penske rear shock set to lowest possible ride height but it was still just a little too high and heavy for her.Managed to put some miles on the Beemer Saturday, in the rain. So far she likes it but will tell you it's not her Harley.Ordered a Madstad windscreen last night as the installed one puts the ari blast right at her upper chest and chin area. Installing her LED lights on the fender bolts this week. Have to install electrication in her tank bag for charging devices too.Should be an interesting ride for her.
I'm so glad she's feeling better. And, I know, there's nothing like the love of your first bike. Sorta like your first pet <3

Thanks, Wayne. Wow! That one lonely dot in San Fransisco must be Tyler. Other than Bugntr, no one would be crazy enough to make that long of a journey. I Salute both of you crazy people. That's what we call: Cojones Grandes!!
biggrin.png
Yeah that's me... buncha weenies otherwise out here in CA... even if I have to fly & rent, I'm gonna do it, by golly!
wink.png
This is going to be fun! The bike is ready, So am I!
smile.png
The rental will be ready... when there's a will, there's a way!
wink.png
And you always end up with the brand new model! ...Uz gots good luck Tyler!

Temperatures were in the mid 40s last night as I was riding down I-81 in Virginia. Guess who has his summer windshield on his FJR. Guess who left the insulated liner for his riding pants at home. Good thing my Gerbings Insulated Jacket Liner travels with me year round.

https://www.liquorbarn.com Made a pilgrimage, to my local Liquor Barn: Box of Irish Whisky, Irish Beers and Mexican Tequila packed away in the trunk of the BMW M3; along with a case of Miss Donna's California wines! We both wish we were riding our FJR, hopefully I will have a right arm back for the next EOM!

Stopping in Albuquerque to see HotRodZilla and Ms. C, along with the Kids on Monday night 9/21; in Bluefield, WV on Wednesday night to look for Donna's kin. JSNS, y'all!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.liquorbarn.com Made a pilgrimage, to my local Liquor Barn: Box of Irish Whisky, Irish Beers and Mexican Tequila packed away in the trunk of the BMW M3; along with a case of Miss Donna's California wines! We both wish we were riding our FJR, hopefully I will have a right arm back for the next EOM!
Stopping in Albuquerque to see HotRodZilla and Ms. C, along with the Kids on Monday night 9/21; in Bluefield, WV on Wednesday night to look for Donna's kin. JSNS, y'all!
So what yur saying is that your coming on 4 wheels, full and packed with liquor. :)