EOM 2015 Picture Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For years I've wanted to meet Tyler.It's always fun to meet another forum member face to face for the first time. You never know....

I love her.
smile.png
Yeah, you and everybody else. She turns up in the darnedest places. And Petey! Pretty sure that's not really Petey. Petey was in La Pine last week! My hero.
Petey and I are the same person... just really good at disguises. :D

For years I've wanted to meet Tyler.It's always fun to meet another forum member face to face for the first time. You never know....

I love her.
smile.png
Yeah, you and everybody else. She turns up in the darnedest places. And Petey! Pretty sure that's not really Petey. Petey was in La Pine last week! My hero.
True that!

Can't imagine why Petey would even need a new tire. Must be something to do with BMW.

And once again, Gum Springs, VA, where we say our goodbye's and head our separate ways home. It was another fantastic EOM! And no, I have no idea what Bob's doing.

IMG_3914-L.jpg
I had just sprayed cleaner on Heidi's visor and the wind caught some and sent it to my eye! That didn't feel very good.

I love her. :)
Petey and I are the same person... just really good at disguises. :D
In that case, we have shared a bedroom.

Pretty sure we haven't. ;)

Someone rode in on this FJDEERE

Tom , Mike and I went for a 300 mile lunch in a small village called Helvetia. The restaurant was called The Hutte. I was there after 2009 EOM and just found it again. German / Swiss fare.

Found some interesting Rootbeer. 5.9% alcohol.mmm

Rode home with Tom, Mike , and John D. One of our stops was Smoke Hole rd.

I had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Until we meet again my friends.

P1010170.jpg

I bought a bottle of the most expensive Whiskey that Ambler makes, I'm keeping it just for FJR Forumites that visit us in Arizona!

Last edited by a moderator:
A few pics and the story behind them.....

I knew there would be lots of great food over the weekend so I tried to start on the lighter side with a Cobb Salad at Hangar 9 at Lock Haven on Wednesday afternoon. Okay, I did have extra dressing.

IMG_5461.jpg

Upon arriving in Lewisburg on Thursday afternoon, we checked in and immediately headed out for supplies from the local liquor store and Wally World. KJ miscalculated a bit on the purchases and couldn't close his top case on the way back.

IMG_5462.jpg

Rainy day on Friday. After looking at the weather we decided not to ride soooooo, time for Bloody Marys....

IMG_5463.jpg

Petey and LittleJon getting in on the early start to a wet day....

IMG_5464.jpg

After our breakfast beverages, we decided site seeing in a rental car was the ticket with MadMudder (Tim) as our DD. We descended on a local Mexican restaurant - Del Sol. They were amazing and accommodated the surprise visit without batting an eye. Here's some of the crew diving into the Mexican cuisine. Great food and great service. Highly recommended.

DSCF6440.jpg

A close up of my Chicken Quesadilla. I started with a soup and could only finish half of this bad boy. Thank goodness because it ended up being a late night dinner. "I was so hungry, I could have eaten at Applebees" (long story, but a good one)
smile.png

DSCF6439.jpg

Off to the Distillery Tour. Our hostess was incredible. She handled our "bad comedy" and even had a few zingers of her own.

DSCF6444.jpg

Yup, we went through a bit of inventory

DSCF6447.jpg

We were a bit loud (no, really?) and Boss man came out to make sure we were staying in line and offered us a tour - probably to give our hostess a break from us
smile.png

DSCF6448.jpg

Debbie enjoying the company of Mr. Pickles

DSCF6445.jpg

Pretty cool operation - could almost do this in my garage on a smaller scale
smile.png

DSCF6451.jpg

Boss Man let me have a taste and the stuff flowing out of this spigot was AMAZING!

DSCF6452.jpg

After getting a bit of the liquor in our belly, it was off to the Brewery for more samples. The large Jenga game in the front proved to be the highlight of the visit, well, next to drinking the beer.
smile.png

DSCF6458.jpg

Our Hostess even labeled the flight for me. Not sure if she did this for anyone else or just thought she would help out the poor Canadian....

DSCF6462.jpg

After sampling some brews, a bunch of the crew discovered the large Jenga blocks on the barrel which, by the way, were made next door. Let the games begin..... Andy getting advice from his beer on which block to pull.

DSCF6473.jpg

Getting a bit tricky here. Jeff is doing his best not to be the one to have to pick all the blocks up off the floor

DSCF6497.jpg

NO, not THAT Jon!!!!

DSCF6505.jpg

After 7 rounds of 4-5 people pulling blocks, something had to give. KJ getting some direction and encouragement from Deb

DSCF6511.jpg

The "Money Shot"

DSCF6514.jpg

Gotta say, we had a lot of laughs. Just a bunch of big kids in kindergarten playing with wooden blocks.
smile.png

DSCF6515.jpg

Now, for the next challenge, hold my beer and watch me play Beer Jenga
smile.png

DSCF6517.jpg

Needless to say, the rest of day was a bit of a blur. Saturday morning radar indicated there was some clearing to the west so I joined Bob (Intech) and Tyler on a great ride to the New River Gorge National River

IMG_5465.jpg

Some of our rides at the spot

IMG_5474.jpg

Spectacular views of the Bridge and the river gorge impossible to capture on camera

IMG_5469.jpg

IMG_5470.jpg

A 180 degree panoramic shot from the Iphone

IMG_5472.jpg

On our way again, Bob took us down the River Gorge on, what I thought, was a one way trail but it wasn't. We snaked our way down and back up again on the other side. No pics unfortunately cause I was hanging on tight. On the way back to the hotel, we stopped for a few pics.

IMG_5480.jpg

Pretty place to be, don't ya think?

IMG_5479.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again - what a great group of people! My first ride was in Huntsville and I've been hooked ever since. Each ride just gets better and better meeting new people and getting to see old friends. This was another great one. Thanks again to Wayne for taking ownership and pulling this one together and everyone who helped make this happen. Thanks to all for putting up with some Canadian bad comedy and taking me under your wings for the rides. Much appreciated. Gotta go now. I'm so hungry, I could even eat at Applebees!
smile.png

The biggest disappointment of the entire weekend was hitting the alcohol a little too hard on Friday, which kept me from riding with this crew on Saturday. I did get out on my own for a bit, but it is clear I missed an excellent ride. Well done with the pictures. And it's a wonder that Tim didn't just floor it through the front wall of Applebee's. He is an amazingly patient man.

On our way to EOM, we stopped to see the Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in Weston WV. It is the second largest cut stone building in the world. built for 250 folks, it held 2500 when it closed in 1994 (I think).

George getting to know the staff.

100_6230_zpsijdocd6m.jpg

100_6229_zpst5rkrqp0.jpg

They actually let Chris and Bill leave (or did they escape)?

\

100_6232_zpsjpbvrj8s.jpg

100_6249_zpsimgqwnps.jpg

100_6248_zps1gohgjpr.jpg

100_6239_zpslkrfypj9.jpg

Just the left side and the center

100_6227_zpsdpc9dqkn.jpg

100_6226_zps3o0rac2y.jpg

The biggest disappointment of the entire weekend was hitting the alcohol a little too hard on Friday, which kept me from riding with this crew on Saturday. I did get out on my own for a bit, but it is clear I missed an excellent ride. Well done with the pictures. And it's a wonder that Tim didn't just floor it through the front wall of Applebee's. He is an amazingly patient man.
Jon, you weren't the only one that hurt yourself Friday night
punk.gif
...but I just couldn't pass up riding, even if I did feel like crap all day...
bad.gif

punk.gif
bad.gif
You did a mighty fine job of covering it up... ;)

punk.gif
bad.gif
You did a mighty fine job of covering it up...
wink.png
Lots of experience...but that was like a whole lifetime ago

punk.gif
bad.gif
You did a mighty fine job of covering it up...
wink.png
Lots of experience...but that was like a whole lifetime ago
The ride was therapy Joe... It was certainly a miracle that you were up and about after Friday night though. ;)

Jon, you weren't the only one that hurt yourself Friday night :punk: ...but I just couldn't pass up riding, even if I did feel like crap all day... :bad:
You did a mighty fine job of covering it up... ;)
Yeah, Tyler. Are you talking about the Michael Jackson moon walk Joe did to exit stage left? He nailed it! :D

Say what you will about Joe, but after our brutal trek to EOM Friday evening, pulling up to the parking lot vigil, Joe was the first to welcome us. Though he might not remember it, he was the first none the less. Or was it Tyler? :grin:

Thanks Joe.

For years I've wanted to meet Tyler.

It's always fun to meet another forum member face to face for the first time. You never know....

I love her.
smile.png
Petey and I are the same person... just really good at disguises.
biggrin.png
I should be that lucky