EOM 2015 Registration Open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband is from Jersey and comments now and again about how much he wishes we had WaWa's down in here in the South. He is from Hammonton.

I too vote for Bada Bing.

Take my word on this one... you don't want to be Skyway. I vote Bada Bing.
If you haven't already guessed... I'm from the arm pit of the USA known as Jersey.

Re: pizza... Much much better than other places in the USA... as a matter of fact, most places. This goes for all bread products up there... they tell me that it's in the water.

I remember Wawa before Wawa was cool. lol!

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you.

spkldoeTheAxeman

Thingfish

I've always liked "JoeShitTheRagman"

Maybe I'll be changing mine soon!
smile.png
Nope, it wasn't about the name. It was about him going to the rally.

My husband is from Jersey and comments now and again about how much he wishes we had WaWa's down in here in the South. He is from Hammonton.
I too vote for Bada Bing.
Wawa has finally made it down to Virginia... although it is much, much different than I remember it. I remember a rinky dink little convenience store that made sandwiches. It's not rinky dink anymore.

I'm sure there's a connection between WAWA and the Canada Goose.
The Wawa chain's name comes from the site of the company's first milk plant and corporate headquarters in the Wawa, Pennsylvania area, not Wawa, Ontario, Canada. The name of the town Wawa is in turn derived from the Ojibwe indian word for the Canada Goose.

TIC-Goose.jpg

The Wawa, ON Goose Statue is reportedly the most photographed landmark in North America

If I'm not mistaken, the Guggenheim Museum wears that crown (most photographed).

Lol, I think the opposite might be truer Mike. :)

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Most+photographed+landmark+in+the+world

Btw, have you chosen a forum name yet, or are you going to let the EOM attendees decide it? Here's a novel idea. Have Wayne set up a raffle, for say, $5 a ticket, and the winning ticket picks your forum name, that you'll use for 6 months, or a year (next EOM?). Then donate all the proceeds to a local charity. Just a thought.

Lol, I think the opposite might be truer Mike. :) https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Most+photographed+landmark+in+the+world

Btw, have you chosen a forum name yet, or are you going to let the EOM attendees decide it? Here's a novel idea. Have Wayne set up a raffle, for say, $5 a ticket, and the winning ticket picks your forum name, that you'll use for 6 months, or a year (next EOM?). Then donate all the proceeds to a local charity. Just a thought.
Facts are pesky little critters. :)

<snip>
That is an interesting idea about having a raffle and donating the proceeds to my favorite charity. I've been out of work for 22 months so right now my favorite charity is me. Hey I might make enough to cover the cost for me to attend EOM. Nah, there can't be that many people anxious to hang an embarrassing forum name on me that they would pay for a chance at the privileged.

Actually a better idea might be to auction off the privileged of selecting my forum name. Of course, there would be an auction reserve price that would have to be met.

Paper-Money-icon.png

I may be easy, but I'm not cheaply bought.
72.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well may be they think North America ends at the 49th parallel.
uhoh.gif
Fun fact - There is a place in Canada that is further south than the northern border of California. How can this be you ask? Check out Pelee Island, Ontario N41° 45.869' W82° 40.994'

Latitude of the Northern California border - N41° 59.865' as per Basecamp data.

uhoh.gif
Fun fact - There is a place in Canada that is further south than the northern border of California. How can this be you ask? Check out Pelee Island, Ontario N41° 45.869' W82° 40.994'

Another fun fact

The only bordering Canadian city that when you look out to the US, you actually are looking back North?

Windsor CN. Where you look North up into Detroit USA.

uhoh.gif

Another fun fact

The only bordering Canadian city that when you look out to the US, you actually are looking back North?

Windsor CN. Where you look North up into Detroit USA.
1) Billy Fitz: Don't you have a CFR to plan or snow to shovel?

2) KJ, if I had Debbie sitting next to me: I wouldn't be posting!

And yet ANOTHER fun fact:

Windsor Ontario is 536 miles from Nashville Tennessee.

For perspective......Bristol Tennessee is 509 miles from Memphis Tennessee.

Another fun fact