EOM 2016 Wytheville; strut'n down from the northlands

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I to have enjoyed the pleasure of EOM. 13,was my first by my self on my new to me 09FJR.

I was hooked after that.The people i met were so inviting, I brought my son and his best friend back for 2014 and 2015.

I,ll be doing my first SEO with the boy's this year and EOM 2016 by my self. The boy's are shooting for the Trans American trail on duel sports this year.

EOM is like the Super Bowl of FJR rallies in the East. 2015 was my first EOM and it was wonderful. If you are someone who enjoys this forum and are interested in meeting some of the fine contributors here, EOM is the place to meet more folks at one get together.

That being said, there are many rallies that are just as much fun. The SEOH Ramble is incredible. Great people, over 40 bikes, unbelievable roads, many different riding styles, so much fun. I've been to NERDS, DAKS, Wellsboro, lunch meetups, as well as trips on my own with my son. All the meetups have been tremendous.

Don't overlook the tech days either whether you are mechanically inclined or not.

Maybe this post should have been in another area of the forum to educate new members of the rewarding future relationships that can be made by simply joining us for a friendly get together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything he has said is true.

Over the last decade I've been to a lot of meets arranged

by Internet based riding groups.

What makes a meet memorable isn't the venue,

the food or the roads. No, it's the people.

And the FJR based meets have the greatest people

I've ever met in over 35 years of riding and are the

main reason I do whatever I need to make as

many FJR events as I possibly can.

The toughest decision I'll make this year is choosing

between FODS and the WNY tech day.

Some people I get one chance a year to see.

Will have to call Super 8 this week. We're going to take a half day Wednesday and come meet you guys.

FYI.....

ZOOOMM and I will be heading down from the Albany, NY area. I was looking at your route KJ, but we are leaving a couple days earlier than you.

We will leave on Monday 9/19 and take back roads the whole way (taking 3 days to get there).....zig-zagging to hit the fun roads about 350 miles a day :)

I wanted to post our routes, but I don't know how to do that....not sure that anyone would be interested in riding with us anyway. If someone is interested, pm me and I'll send you our routes.

We have reservations at the Ramada for Wed., Thu., Fri., Sat. nights.

Still don't know if Line can make it, looks good though. GIven its late in the season for us (Cold/rain), I"ll be hauling the bike down. Unless he weather is looking really good at the time! We didn't take any time off this summer except for Pembroke, so we'll likely take an extra day or two for EOM.

Is it time yet?

3 Weeks and counting.........

Hope Lil Jon doesn't see this, he'll be pizzed at me! ;)

FYI.....
ZOOOMM and I will be heading down from the Albany, NY area. I was looking at your route KJ, but we are leaving a couple days earlier than you.

We will leave on Monday 9/19 and take back roads the whole way (taking 3 days to get there).....zig-zagging to hit the fun roads about 350 miles a day :)

I wanted to post our routes, but I don't know how to do that....not sure that anyone would be interested in riding with us anyway. If someone is interested, pm me and I'll send you our routes.

We have reservations at the Ramada for Wed., Thu., Fri., Sat. nights.
Iris- You guys rule! Getting the early jump into the pool before everyone else pee's in it! SMART!

Jus kidding (sorta), I'm just a bit jealous that I didn't do this also! We'll see you down in Wytheville but on Thurs afternoon if all goes towards da plans (and hopefully!)

Still don't know if Line can make it, looks good though. GIven its late in the season for us (Cold/rain), I"ll be hauling the bike down. Unless he weather is looking really good at the time! We didn't take any time off this summer except for Pembroke, so we'll likely take an extra day or two for EOM.
Is it time yet?
Steve, you bogarted out on Nerds, so you better make this happen, and before/soon you guys will have 6ft of snow on the ground. Yikes!

So, come down south where it's warm(er).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any northerners like to join us?, see 1st post in this thread!.

.. Meetup is still Kennedy St. Cafe in Bradford PA at 9am (or earlier if you like a more relaxed B-fast)) on Weds Sept 21

Our hop-over motel 9/21 is still on as Super-8 in Fairmont WV (Crackerbarrel Restaurant in easy walking distance after some beers in parking lot!)

Steve, you bogarted out on Nerds, so you better make this happen, and before/soon you guys will have 6ft of snow on the ground. Yikes!

So, come down south where it's warm(er).
I'll be there. Line is still waiting for clearance, and believe me, the coming winter is front and center why I love EOMs. I've missed one since 2008 and it was the longest winter ever.

I'll be taking the long way from Burlington, VT via Buffalo, and will be able to meet up with everyone at the Kennedy Cafe at Bradford, PA at 9:00am if all goes well. I also booked a room at the Super 8 in Fairmont, WV. Hope their parking lot can handle us.

Line's in!
We'll be arriving on Wed, departing on the Monday. Trailering.
Excellent! We'll find a place to have the Stragglers dinner on Sunday night. I'm sure Clocklaw will join us.
smile.png
We will be there....checking out on Monday as well.

Line's in!

Excellent! We'll find a place to have the Stragglers dinner on Sunday night. I'm sure Clocklaw will join us. :)
It's tradition!
Seems like it. I do believe it's the last few pictures of the entire EOM. Except for the following Ride Reports of course. It's nice to have Line and Brenda in the conversation. :)

Line's in!

Excellent! We'll find a place to have the Stragglers dinner on Sunday night. I'm sure Clocklaw will join us.
smile.png
It's tradition!
Seems like it. I do believe it's the last few pictures of the entire EOM. Except for the following Ride Reports of course. It's nice to have Line and Brenda in the conversation.
smile.png
From now on, you guys will be known simply as the TEC guys! "The EOM Closers"
smile.png

We can go on w this insane thinking...

TEO (openers) ????

TEF (finisher)... has to be Cigar Joe! (don't think I need to post the intoxicated Sat-nite pic again!?) ;)

Latest posts