Ever give the thumbs down to a....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I got this link from this forum. I can't remember.

Nevertheless, in seems appropriate for this thread. Enjoy .... clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I see a show of hands :bye: for riders who may occasionally give the thumbs down to Hummers as they go by? :thumbsdownsmileyanim:
Sometimes I just can't help myself.... :rolleyes:

Jb

Yup, especially since they stopped production of the "good" ones.

My builder 'had' a mil-spec H1. It was sweet but with the recent downturn in the housing market he is now riding in a Ram3500.

The H3's are no different than a Suburban...just different skin. I guess if they want to view mileage in terms of gallons per mile to drive an H1or H2 let them be. My guess is Hummers wont be sold to the public in 3 yrs or so...look for maybe the H3 to roll under the Chevy plate ot something. I cant see a stand alone Hummer dealer surviving nowadays.

Maybe I got this link from this forum. I can't remember.
Nevertheless, in seems appropriate for this thread. Enjoy .... clicky
Wow, 4,463 people publicly flipping off H2 owners. It must be a conspiracy. Now if they sang about in three part harmony it might be a movement.

Geez.....this thread is still alive..????....!!!! Last time I said something about a Prius the post was closed and I ended up banned from the island...... :) :) :)

Seriously, it is nice that people have a choice in what they want to drive....and that the vehicle manufacturers can offer up a range of vehicles to meet all tastes. There are arguments in all directions about what vehicle is "right" and what vehicle is "wrong".

Also keep in mind that an H2 with 4 people on board is getting better miles per gallon per person that an FJR with one person on board. Suburbans with 8 or 9 people on board make Pious"s....er...ah.....Prius's look lame for fuel economy on a miles per gallon per person basis. Admittedly, most of the H2's and such are generally seen with only one or two people on board but many people need the extra capacity on occasion making the vehicles much more socially acceptable than most assume on the surface. And we haven't even touched on towing capacity for those that need trailers on occasion.

Per the last discussion started on Prius's several months ago.....also look at the total impact on the enviroment of the vehicle from manufacturing it thru driving it for it's life thru the number of people miles it will accumulate and the eventual recycling cost and hazardous material involved. A Prius is a nightmare for hazmat and a nightmare to the environment for manufacturing with all the nickel required for the battery(that nickel has to come from somewhere). Makes an H2 look like a good citizen.

My favorite moment I wanted to not just flip someone off but drive right over them was the girl piously driving her Honda Accord along in the left lane at 55 with a "Save the Whales" bumper sticker. Seriously. I wonder if the idiot knows she is supporting the only economy in the world (with her Accord purchase) that still kills whales. People need to look beyond the end of their noses with their vehicle purchases and descrimination sometimes.

My builder 'had' a mil-spec H1. It was sweet but with the recent downturn in the housing market he is now riding in a Ram3500.
The H3's are no different than a Suburban...just different skin. I guess if they want to view mileage in terms of gallons per mile to drive an H1or H2 let them be. My guess is Hummers wont be sold to the public in 3 yrs or so...look for maybe the H3 to roll under the Chevy plate ot something. I cant see a stand alone Hummer dealer surviving nowadays.

Just for the record.....H1's were the citizen version of the military Hummer. H2's are based on the Suburban architecture. H3's are based on the Trailblazer achitecture...not the Suburban. Although the H2 and H3 are based on other architectures they are actually unique vehicles with few shared parts that are exactly the same in both the donor and Hummer applications.

Hummers (H2 and H3) are silly vehicles. I often wonder what the attraction is.

:D :D This is EXACTLY what my across the street neighbor (who drives an H3) said about my motorcycle this past summer!!! Glad neither one of you are king.

The h2's are just the ultimate poseur vehicle, trying to milk the legacy of the h1's. I just make fun of them and call them 'Blingers'. Around here it's all about what chrome bit they can put on.

If they really were capable vehicles, I wouldn't make fun of them.....

Josh

The h2's are just the ultimate poseur vehicle, trying to milk the legacy of the h1's. I just make fun of them and call them 'Blingers'. Around here it's all about what chrome bit they can put on.
If they really were capable vehicles, I wouldn't make fun of them.....

Josh
Capable of what....????

You're sadly misinformed if you think that the H2 is not a capable off road vehicle. About the only thing better is an H3 and it depends on the terrain and clearance issues. Look at the results down in Baja in the production vehicle classes the past few years if you have any doubt.

Just because some yoyo's bolt a lot of chrome on them for the boulevard does not diminish their capability for what they were intended. Certainly the styling copies the H1 but that was the point of the Hummer brand, wasn't it??

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I see a show of hands :bye: for riders who may occasionally give the thumbs down to Hummers as they go by? :thumbsdownsmileyanim:
Sometimes I just can't help myself.... :rolleyes:

Jb
Not me, I've owned many a truck, van, and suv. Just gave the Suburban to the daughter with four kids. She drove it back to Texas,where she lives and loves it.

Now the wife drives a 2006 Toyota RAV4, too small for my taste. I use the old 1995 Honda Odyssey when its too wet to ride to work or I have to carry something.

We thought about a Prius for the wife to commute with, she drives 100 miles round trip to work. Instead she carpools three days a week.

I'm sure with the price of gas in California what it is, we will see less gas guzzling vehciles on the road.

But which is worse on the environment, 10 miles in my big SUV to work or a dozen Prius that need $4000 dollar batteries that end up polluting the enviroment when they are made and recycled.

Anyway drive what makes you happy and be happy you can still drive.

This is the house a couple of miles from me that all those Hummers bought Ira Rennert the former owner of Humvee. 3 years to build, 100k square feet, 100 car garage, etc., etc...Its good to be the king....

IMG_0939a.jpg

people can keep their hummers, i'm going to stick with my 1999 jeep wrangler and FJR
And I'll keep my '02 Wrangler and FJR :D

Back on topic, why would anyone want to purposly insight road rage by flipping someone off seemingly at random? Even if we can split and get the hell outta Dodge. Them damn Hummers are just a bit bigger and heavier than we are, and I'll lay odds that the driver has no clue why you flipped them off. so in a nutsack nutshell, no. I don't flip off people without good cause :)

Latest posts