Exhaust/mufflers the same on all models?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kieefjr

Genlll SS
Reaction score
Has anyone verified that mufflers from say a 2010 model will mount on an 05 model??

Bike Bandit shows two different part numbers for those year models. Seems I read somewhere that they are interchangeable but doesn't the 06 and up models have different rear frame assemblies?

Were the internals changed but mounting points the same?

thanks

Gen II exhaust have additional catalytic converters in them hence the different part #s. They also weigh more and cost more. But all years of FJR exhaust are physically interchangeable and will fit.

Gen II exhaust have additional catalytic converters in them hence the different part #s. They also weigh more and cost more. But all years of FJR exhaust are physically interchangeable and will fit.
THANKS. :assassin:

I replaced the stock mufflers on my 08 with a set of StainTunes and prior to mounting the new muffs I weighed both sets and found that the StainTunes were about 4 lbs. per side lighter than the stock mufflers.

The shop manual explains the difference in the mufflers among other things and although the part numb ers on the early and late mufflers differed the dealer could not tell me what the difference in the mufflers were and I had no clue until I got the manual from Yamaha.

I've always wondered if the cats in the main pipes of the Gen II models were of the same restriction as the Gen I models due to the fact that the Gen II's had cats in the mufflers.