Fair Asking Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooniac

Reaction score
I might sell my 07 FJR E with 1500 miles on her. As you can see, I am just not riding very much and I hate to see her sit. What do you think would be a fair asking price. I have YES on it. She is in perfect stock condition

I might sell my 07 FJR E with 1500 miles on her. As you can see, I am just not riding very much and I hate to see her sit. What do you think would be a fair asking price. I have YES on it. She is in perfect stock condition

IMHO! Assuming bone stock, I would think around $8,500-$9,000. But due to the economy, it may sit a while at that price. This is my experience when buying my FJR that was approx. 2 years old with 2,300 miles on her. But mine also came with about $1,500 in farkles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to sell mine in similar condition for the past nine months. Started above 10k reduced to 9k and no bites, Ads on here and Craigslist and a paper called Its Classified. No serious offers. I am in northern Vermont so that could be a factor. Fortunately I don't care and have raised the price to 10k which is more than fair. Production will be down for most bike manufacturers so this could help raise used prices. Unless you are in a hurry I would keep it on the high side. I dropped in a HD dealer and they offered me 9k in trade, but I am not interested in that. A toyota car dealer offered me 8k in trade on a Tacoma, i did better just making a deal. Good luck and the economy will turn up.

NADA

KBB

KBB is a dealer's typical starting price, but it's a bit high for these times. NADA is closer to what you might get, maybe a little above the average retail value (or somewhere between those two values).

As already stated, any reasonable price might leave you sitting around waiting.

I always thought a fair price was whatever the market will bare at the time of selling :dntknw: ....