Fall Colors / Burger Challenge RTE Weekend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in for Saturday if I'm able to snag the pull out couch KJ. On a semi retirement budget yaknow. :) I have a commitment during the day but should be able to be down at EVL by 6pm. If not, I'll do a day trip on Sunday. Let me know.

*** RTE Update ***

Join-in where and when you can!

Saturday 10/15/16
-- Check-in; Wingate ~3pm. Mike (Wine Guy) has reserved my pull-out couch/bed in living room of suite.

Mike is now sharing a room with Charlie (Huey Lewis) at the Edelweiss Ski Lodge
Rooms are still available at time of this writing, albeit a bit pricey. (you can always find your own close-by lodging!?)
Parking lot pre-party ~4-5pm
Ellicotteville Brewing Co. following^ for dinner and EBC select brews
Parking lot night kap'r
Sunday 10/16/16
-- Meetup non-overniters at the Wingate parking lot. Departure/KSU is 9am sharp!
Fun route down w/ PA-555 included; 2.5hr actual ride time
RT-Eats! @ Denny's Beer Barrel Pub 12-12:15pm

Last edited by a moderator:
I REALLY want to make this but I'm on a "no joke, broke" budget at the moment... If anyone wants to share, let me know - I'll even take floor space!

If rooming doesn't work out, maybe I'll just meet everyone @ Denny's on Sunday.

KJ what are doing for breakfast Sunday morning? Thinking about having some Corn Flakes to start your day?

20151011_010253_zps8asa0yjj.jpg

If you want to stay overnight in Ellicottville, there IS a more economical choice. The Edelweiss Ski Lodge has chalets and a hotel. If you go through booking.com, you can get a room starting at $109 US with a free cancellation policy if you cancel by October 13th. It's stumbling distance to downtown (a block and a half away from Ellicottville Brewing Company). Rooms are booking up pretty quick.

Just go to www.booking.com and search Ellicottville, NY.

You're welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
KJ what are doing for breakfast Sunday morning? Thinking about having some Corn Flakes to start your day?
20151011_010253_zps8asa0yjj.jpg
You have a very good memory Dean!

And, that milk maiden chick better not make a re-appearance as Debbie has her on the beatch radar! lmao

5 days and counting

Weather forecast at time of writing (Tuesday 10/11)

Sat: 61F; Sunny

Sun: 67F; Partial Sun/Clouds with a 30% Chance of Rain Showers

Mel decided she's not coming. It's a little too far for her, and she doesn't want to worry about keeping up/slowing us down. (I know this would not be an issue for us, but she's made up her mind.)

I'm still trying to round up a few more guys, but you know how it is. It gets cold in that vest and brain bucket.
fool.gif

Mel decided she's not coming. It's a little too far for her, and she doesn't want to worry about keeping up/slowing us down. (I know this would not be an issue for us, but she's made up her mind.)
I'm still trying to round up a few more guys, but you know how it is. It gets cold in that vest and brain bucket.
fool.gif
Awe! Debbie was hoping for some female company! :(

It looks like a little bit of a warmer ride than last year, but have GoJo put on his full leather!

More riders?, bring 'em on!

I'll be there but staying in Bradford - sorry for the last-minute confirm!
Great to hear Lisa! :) Yahooie!
hyper.gif

So, Bradford is exactly 25mi from Ellicotteville. Somehow, someway, I just seem to frequent them both a lot and know this Pennsyltucky stuff. ;)

What's you plans? Coming up for the EBC Dinner Sat night? We will have our mandatory tire-kicking social in the parking lot prior, pretty good meetup also. I'm not sure about Mike and Charlie's ETA, but I'd say 5pm at the latest for this?

You are also enroute for our group ride on the way down Sunday (from Ellicotteville), we can make a sidebar and meet you up.... post me what Bradford lodging you will be at. And if we leave Ellicotteville at 9am, we will be at your Bradford motel by 9:30am.

Now we just got o get one of our riders to do the pub challenge!.... makes this a really fun RTE!

:)

ETA is late Sat afternoon - not sure if I'm riding or driving but I'll be there with a guest. Planning on lots-o-fun @ EBC and the ride to Denny's on Sun.

I'll be checking in at the Best Western in Bradford before heading north Sat night. Meeting @ BW Sun AM would be great unless it takes away from some twisties on the way to Clearfield... you decide - I'll be fine either way.

Crap - and just like that... I'm out. Total change of plans so I won't be able to make it.

You guys have fun and stay safe!!

Crap - and just like that... I'm out. Total change of plans so I won't be able to make it.
You guys have fun and stay safe!!
Dang it! We'll miss ya Lisa n guest. Hopefully next years Fall-Colors RTE (it may be elsewhere however?)

*side-note* try reserving '17 Memorial Day Weekend for Wellsboro's "Penn Run" ??. I skipped it this year and had lots of peeps wanting it back, so this winter I'll contact the lodge and reserve us a block of rooms.

-------------------------------------

Fall Colors RTE; 24 hrs to launch (for us earlybirds anyways doing EBC Sat afternoon/nite).

I've always wanted to make that ride but Memorial day is already committed to the 2017 Yosemite trip.

Leaving our house soon. Mona, myself, and Andi, a friend of ours on a Sportster. See you at lunch!

It was great meeting up with all of you, familiar faces and new! What a great day to ride! See ya down the road and thanks KJ for posting up to get this going this year.

John